Which cooking stove

Trying to decide between the good ole Coleman dual fuel or the avalanche 2x. I’ve used the dual fuel for years (finally beyond repair) but can’t complain about the ease of use with propane. Primarily will be used at base camp and family trips maybe a few pack in trips. Any suggestions one way or the other?

2muchhp

WKR
For what you are doing I like propane as well. I fill 1lb bottles from a 20 lb, alot cheaper.

AdamLewis

FNG
If you don't mind spendy, look at a Jetboil Genesis.

The dual burners are great in that they turn down really well. If you buy the kit, the 5L pot has a flux ring so it boils fast and efficiently.

Quite a lot more money than a lot of the alternatives but it earns it with its versatility.

tracker12

WKR
I switched to a single Butane stove like the ones they use at buffet omelet stations. Add a jet boil for water and Im set.

Augi

FNG
For the family trips hands down Camp Chef Pro 30 single burner. I got an adapter so I can run it with the 1lb green bottles and don't need to lug a big stove AND a big tank. The little guys each last me 2-3 days cooking breakfast and dinner.

It's too big to pack unless you are talking about mule packing. For that get a jet boil.

chadlove

FNG
Jetboil genesis is definitely the best stove I've used. They go on sail every year at Sportsmans wearhouse for around $100 off.

I used to have a camp stove that ran on "Regular and leaded gasoline" but for car camping I use the green two burner propane stove that my parents bought decades ago.