Which camo pattern best suits Idaho?

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, restocking on some camo and I tend to go Kuiu Verde top with Vias bottom. I’ll be hunting Idaho for the first time this year in and around 21 and would love some input as far as which KUIU patterns would be best for the area. Will be out the spring and early/mid fall.

Charlie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mosby

WKR
I hunt all over the US including Idaho, Montana and Colorado and I wear solid brown pants with different Camo tops frequently. I wouldn't hesitate to wear brown or gray tops or bottoms with an offsetting Camo of your choice. I think anything that breaks up your outline is effective and solid colors are often cheaper than Camo and work just as well IMO.

Mosby

WKR
None of my stuff matches and half of it isn't Camo. I only buy what's on sale and have picked up stuff here and there. Its all the same to me. My wife has repaired my old First Lite Kanab pants 5 or 6 times and none of her repair jobs match either. Whatever thread is available. I look like a homeless person at the trailhead.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
Valo would be best if you are hunting below 5,500 feet elevation. Verde pretty good between 5,500 and 8,500. Vias good above 8,500. Any of them will be fine though.

I hunt Pa, NC, and I've been to montana once. I hunt in Kryptek and have had not issues with their Highlander pattern in any of the places. Whether it be spring gobbler ,early season archery or a rifle season where the camo doesn't mattter because of the blaze orange.

Nitsua

FNG
As far as Kuiu patterns go, I would say that Valo or verde would be the most universal. Vias looks like an expensive dark gray set of clothing when I see other people wearing it through the binos. Sitka open country blends in the best IMO.

Rock-o

WKR
Solids are my favoriate camo and they work great for me. I bet they'll work great for you too.

Hey guys, restocking on some camo and I tend to go Kuiu Verde top with Vias bottom. I’ll be hunting Idaho for the first time this year in and around 21 and would love some input as far as which KUIU patterns would be best for the area. Will be out the spring and early/mid fall.

Charlie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It honestly doesn’t matter. I have killed my last two elk wearing solid pants. Get the wind right and only move when you can’t be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Animals don't see colors the way we do. The reflectiveness/sheen is more important than camo color. It reflects light differently, and they see that before camo colors or patterns.

They will see movement before camo gives you away.

They will smell you before camo gives ypu away.

Your reflective face will give you away before camo does.

Camo pattern is mostly for you. Any neutral color works. Wear red or orange even, most animals we hunt can't see those colors, especially antelope, deer and elk. What they do see well is in the blue spectrum, so stay away from that. Lots of elk get killed by guys with orange vests and Elmer Fudd hats.

The reason I buy camo is because it is usually a technical fabric, durable, etc. If I can find it in a solid neutral color, I will use that before camo.