Weird CA Mule Deer Behavior

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had an interesting encounter last weekend while bow hunting in SoCal. Had a Buck following a doe in morning. Don't usually see Bucks with does in California in early September. Wondering why he would be following her around this early. We did have a 10F temp drop right before the weekend, thought that may have gotten him rutting a little weird but the rut isn't till end of October in this area. Any thoughts?

Ended up having a stare down with him for 5 minutes before he took off, couldn't draw my bow while he was staring and didnt get a good shot opportunity, he was a 3x0 or a 3x1. Had 3 on his right but his left was either a deformity or broken off because there were no points on that side that I could see from 35 yards...

Calbuck

WKR
Deer do what they want. We are used to seeing specific patterns for the time of year but they are random animals and that’s as simple as it gets..I watch them in my yard all year every year and they just do stuff..they don’t have jobs or social media to keep them busy so they just make it up as they go