Which 6mm?

Taudisio

WKR
More like 20-25 per inch. Then add 25 back for using a can… that has been my measured experience pre and post chop barrels.
Hence why I said I was being on the conservative side. I don’t want him to think his minimum velocity, with his barrel, will be 2700 (for example) and then it turns out his barrel is slow and only hitting 2600 and that won’t meet his minimum velocity/distance. Best to lean on the lower side and if you get faster, then awesome.

I do reload. One day I want to buy more factory ammo, but currently I need the cost savings that reloading gives me.

Totally get that. These days time is worth more to me.

That said. you hit things when they are on sale. And stock up. Sometimes its within pennies of what you can reload them for...........magnums and larger handguns obviously not:ROFLMAO:

pathnz

FNG
I have a 6mm GT with an 18 inch barrel. With 150 rounds on it I am getting 2800fps with a 108ELDM and a Hodgdon book max load of H4350. Precision is excellent, recoil is mild from an 8lb total setup, and I have killed 6 deer from 90-490 metres satisfactorily in the 3 weeks since I got it.

kkp005

WKR
I really like the 6CM. That’s what I’d go with. Been shooting one almost exclusively the last few years and it continues to impress

mtnbound

WKR
It would be at least 18” if not shorter.

I have also contemplated the 6 Dasher, but I had a couple reservations.

It seems really close to my 6 ARC.
I can’t find much about the 6 Dasher feeding reliably from factory Tikka mags.

With the short barrel I would say 6CM. But with Hornady offering 6GT at all dealers next year with the 109 ELDM, it’s hard not to go that route. I think it comes down to, is this your primary rifle or do you have a training rifle and how far you want to effectively kill an animal. Given the choice I would take the 6ARC in a gas gun and a 6CM in a bolt.