Which 1 of these 3 scopes would you prefer?

btmonnat

FNG
Keep in mind this is my open field gun and shots will be less than 500 yds. #1 Leupold VX-5hd 3-15x44 price $999. Illuminated #2 Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-12.5x42 $875. Fiber optic #3 Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 $1250. Illuminated Looking for clearest glass of these 3 and holding zero

OP
B

btmonnat

FNG
Only one I have seen and looked through is the Leupold and I thought it looked clearer than my vortex viper. Kind a looks like the Trijicon accupoint has a good reputation. I did read somewhere that fiber optics loose the ability to glow after 10 to 15 years. I have know way of knowing if this is true or not.

Southern Lights

Lil-Rokslider
The tritium half life is dimmer after about 10 years, but the illumination it provides is only for very dark shooting as it's dim even when new vs. what the fiber optic does. Most of the daytime/dawn/dusk illumination is from the fiber optic light gathering and it won't wear off. My Trijicon 3-9 accupoints I don't have a lot of rounds on, but they have been accurate, hold zero, and dial reliably for what they are designed to do.The illuminated center is controllable brightness and in darker bush works well without batteries or needing to flick on a switch.

Last edited:
Trijicon. I've not had opportunity to look through a zeiss yet, but traditionally they're known for decent glass

OP
B

btmonnat

FNG
Thank you all, it looks like the Trijicon Accupoint has a good reputation. I just joined this forum this week but been a member of the firing line forum for a long time. I belong to many forums but this looks like my new favorite.

OP
B

btmonnat

FNG
Well I'm guessing I have a decision to make between 2 trijicons. Accupoint 2.5-12.5x42 with the green dot duplex or the credo hx 4-16x50 with small battery operated crosshairs in the center of the reticle. My only concern with this would be if the lighted center crosshairs would make the deers image hard to see. There is only 75$ difference in price at Euro Optics. Trijicon says the accupoint has a 12 year life expecten for the fiber optic part. The credo hx electronics are only guaranteed for 5 years. Thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: