Where's the best place to get a deal on Nightforce scopes?

wapitibob

WKR
Make parts, be an employee, or be friends with the owner. Other than that it's scour the Internet.

Dam fine scope, good choice. I went with the MOAR-T in 56mm.

OP
5MilesBack

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I went with the MOAR-T in 56mm.

How much difference is there between the MOAR and T? Hard to tell online, but they look the same. I guess I should go look at both side by side.

I would get the 56mm but I'm looking at being able to use this setup on multiple rifles with a QR one-piece base/rings like my Larue. Not sure the 56 will fit on all of them.

wapitibob

WKR
Never looked thru the MOAR. I think sam posted pics on here a while ago. I haven't found the -T to be too thin at all.
I'm using a 20 minute NF rail and low rings on a #5 taper. Not enough space to get the rubber scope cover between bell/barrel because of the covers donut but without measuring I would guess 75-100 thou. There will be close to .120 per side difference 50 vs 56 mm.

I have both reticles now, both in the new ATACR scopes. The MOAR has .140 MOA thick lines, the "T" version is .0625. Hard to say which one I would recommend, but the standard MOAR seems easier on the eyes, and is precise enough to shoot sub-MOA to at least 1500 yards. It's easier to shoot tiny groups at 100 yards with the "T". I don't think you could wrong with either one!

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Call one shot gear. They will get you a great price on nightforce......I've bought a couple from them and got great deals.

OP
5MilesBack

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Hard to say which one I would recommend, but the standard MOAR seems easier on the eyes

That's exactly what I was looking for....especially as I get older and my eyes get worse (especially close vision). Just like archery, guys always recommend the smallest pins you can find for LR shooting, but I prefer a bigger pin for LR and a smaller pin for up close.

Thanks, Sam.

I'll try 1Shot, but have to consider tax in as well living in CO.

I just purchase a 5.5-22 x 56 from Bob Beck at the extreme outer limits store. Had some demo models and good deals. I just got mine today and all I can say is Wow.

OP
5MilesBack

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I just purchase a 5.5-22 x 56 from Bob Beck at the extreme outer limits store. Had some demo models and good deals. I just got mine today and all I can say is Wow.

I just ordered the NXS 5.5-22x56 with Zerostop and MOAR reticle from Bob. He's got them on sale through tomorrow. Best deal I could find.

If anyone is interested in a very lightly used Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16x44mm scope with the target turrets, let me know. I'll probably post it for sale soon now that the NF is coming.