Where to find the collectors...

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be attempting to sell my 1952 Mannlicher-Schoenauer stutzen soon, however I'm not sure where the collectors of such things hang out. There are a few forums I know I'll post (SH, guns international, firearms forum, etc.) but I don't know if I'll get the listing in front of a collectors eyes. Anyone have any leads? Photo for attention, she's a beauty. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 53

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robert, some might take this post as a thinly veiled opportunity to showcase this rifle for sale here, bypassing the selling requirements of the classifieds. Of course, if any members were to pm you and facilitate that transaction, they too would also be associated with the same penalty.

Beautiful rifle, hope you find the information to help it find a great home.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
RobertLosekamp

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
Rock island auction?
Hadn't thought of that! Added to the list thank you.
Robert, some might take this post as a thinly veiled opportunity to showcase this rifle for sale here, bypassing the selling requirements of the classifieds. Of course, if any members were to pm you and facilitate that transaction, they too would also be associated with the same penalty.

Beautiful rifle, hope you find the information to help it find a great home.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
That's certainly not my intention, if it was I sure wouldn't have attached my real name to my account! If it helps alleviate concerns of the moderation team I'd be happy to remove the photo to discourage private messages and/or pass along the names of users attempting to skirt the rules. Thanks for not immediately deleting the post I do appreciate it.

Axlrod

WKR
+1 on GB being your best bet. A little unsolicited advice, Take lots of pictures- outside, on a white table/background with nothing but the rifle in them. While you may love your bear rug/dog/quilt mee maw made you, they all will distract from the only thing you need people to look at. Beautiful rifle good luck!

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, Gunbroker is likely to get you the best price. Beautiful rifle. It’s funny, as a youngster I used to think the Mannlicher stock was butt ugly, but somewhere over the last 60 years I came to absolutely admire them and find them amongst the most attractive firearms.

OP
RobertLosekamp

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
Got it listed over there. We'll see what happens, I'll be sad to see it go but sometimes the right thing is the hard thing.

I'm the same way JFK, always thought they looked goofy but man the shape is so nice to have in your hands. The way it tapers all the way down the the barrel band is *chefs kiss*, and it points like a really well made trap gun. It's an amazing design, truly.