Where do you workout and what do you do?

Ratbeetle

WKR
Squat rack?

Nope, had one and sold it. After back surgery, if I can't clean it, it's not loading my spine. I do mostly single leg work and pulls these days. I can still get a decent load for lunges, split squats, etc.

LostArra

WKR
Nope, had one and sold it. After back surgery, if I can't clean it, it's not loading my spine. I do mostly single leg work and pulls these days. I can still get a decent load for lunges, split squats, etc.

(y) Got it.
I was just trying to figure out if your chin up bar was one of those folding wall mounted racks that origamied into different positions.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
efbf922434146d45d59a086a2a731980.jpg

I have a home gym upstairs and I’ve been following mtn tough. Right now I’m on week 10 of the post season plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The vast majority of my training is done on local trails- try to mix in longer miles, hills, weight on my back, etc My gym is currently closed so no Wendler for strength training, doing bodyweight workouts at home until it reopens.

But I've found this to be the very best place to "workout" :)

K8xfWRk.jpg

kda082

WKR
That room in the basement now.

Attachments

• 63ADA898-52B6-4567-994B-A1DF0322ECF2.jpeg
    63ADA898-52B6-4567-994B-A1DF0322ECF2.jpeg
    256.8 KB · Views: 28

gethuntin

WKR
I've been wanting a legit home gym for a while so I finally got it done about 2 weeks before the stay at home stuff started! Talk about good timing on that one!

View attachment 174973View attachment 174974

I've got one of those door-hanger pull up bars that I use as well, but I'd like to add a permanent one to the wall, and I also want to put a squat rack in. My BIL has one in his garage that he won't give up even though he hasn't used it in 2 years so I'm gonna keep working on that one!

What type of flooring is that and where did you find it? Costs?

bsnedeker

WKR
I bought it online from a company called American Floor Mats and it's 8mm thick rubber flooring tiles that interlock. I live out in NW MT so I couldn't find this stuff locally other than what they sell at HD and Lowes which is not anywhere near the quality of this stuff. The flooring itself wasn't that expensive really...a little over 2 dollars per foot (they gave me a 10% discount), but this shipping was a B****, almost as much as the cost of the flooring!

pc3

WKR
Gyms are shut here in Australa too. I've just managed to source a strong man log and a 55 pound dead ball.

The strongman log allows me to do cleans and presses, or clean and press combined. They truly are brutal with 10" diameter log....for me anyway and seem to sap you all over. Tried to curl it and can get a couple of reps but the form isn't great....it's an awkward lump of steel.

Dead ball squats with dead ball sitting on one shoulder and swapping over is also difficult.

Dead ball slams are also an all over work out and brutal. Combined with shadow boxing, running, push ups, chin ups and curls with various things in the garage I'm managing to keep a bit of conditioning. Actually some of these exercises are new to me and hitting me differently to traditional gym/bar work.

Anyway it might give some others here some ideas to change there training up in these strange times.

I just came across this thread and thought it looked worth a bump.

Here's what I do for a job.
20220414_133705.jpg20210829_082521.jpg
Plus, from spring through fall, I put in frequent small hikes (< 2,000 feet elevation gain) and also a couple big hikes (>4,000 feet elevation gain.)

20210724_104658.jpg I don't really feel the need for more exercise.

Last edited:

ltkasten

FNG
Garage and putting miles on the trail. I pretty much just use a kettlebell, pull-up bar, and then bodyweight exercises. Emphasis on convenience and versatility. Consistency is key.

Moserkr

WKR
Love seeing all the home gym power racks, exactly what I have. Been doing a slow version of the 5x5 stronglifts as I train through old injuries. Couple that with the navy seal 9 week training program - push ups, pull ups, sit ups, and running*. Instead of running, I walk and ruck. A 2 mile loop from my doorstep on pavement has 1000’ of elevation in it. Or I can go 400 yards and be on national forest land that goes as far as I want. Can hunt that area too technically…

hunting1

WKR
I own a CrossFit gym with my wife, have a CrossFit gym in the garage, live in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains so have great hiking, rucking, and mountain biking. Try to attend Goruck events and local races. I am pretty lucky to have all the access.

Just wanted to start a thread to see where people workout (commercial gym, CrossFit gym, home, garage, mountains, etc) and what do you do to get in shape (weights, run, ruck, bike, CrossFit, etc.)?

I thought this would be a good idea for people to see all the different ways you can get fit and maybe help somebody struggling with motivation.

I workout at home in my garage gym. I have a pretty good set up and always looking to upgrade it. I currently have a squat rack, bench, barbell, bumper plates, box, air dyne, a few dumbbells and kettlebells, wall mounted pull up bar, landmine, weighted vest, sandbag, a weighted pack, residence bands and farmers carry handles. I’m wanting to add to my dumbbell and kettlebell collection and maybe another barbell. We are also saving up for a concept 2 rower.

I am currently following Mtn tough programming. I love being able to walk out into my garage to workout. There is no commute to the gym savings time. I can walk outside and get my workout in within and hour with no interruptions. I can also have my kids come outside and workout with me.

I know my list seems complex but definitely do not need all that equipment to get in shape.
I run about 60-70 miles a week and strength train 5.

Varied a lot over the years but am currently doing the MTNTOUGH pre-season program at home with odds and ends of equipment I've picked up over the years (half rack, barbell, adjustable dumbbells, gymnastic rings). A fair amount of the MTNTOUGH workouts are also hotel gym friendly which is great when traveling for work. Outside of this, strength training at home or in a commercial gym (i.e. Wendler's 5/3/1, tactical barbell, Greyskull, Starting Strength, Stronglifts 5x5, Bigger Leaner Stronger), HIIT cardio, running, Beachbody's Insanity, various stuff from YouTube (AthleanX, Sean Vigue Fitness, HASFit), and walking with or without a pack have all been in the mix.

Anye425

FNG
We have a nice little garage gym set up we have slowly built over the years. Totally epic and prefer that over a public gym. So it boils down to a combo of gym, run, hike for us