Where are all the trail cams for sale?

I still don’t understand this one. Cellular cams during hunting season? Sure.

But I’m sure some important biological information regarding endangered and threatened species as well as population range expansion is gathered on private cams.

Personally I just don’t see the issue outside of someone using a cellular equipped game camera during the hunting season.

I can smell lawsuit over making it illegal to have a camera on private.
You can't shoot an animal out of season of private property, always been illegal. IMO, sure there can be a regulation that says property owners can't use a game cam to pursue game.

RELIANT

FNG
You can't shoot an animal out of season of private property, always been illegal. IMO, sure there can be a regulation that says property owners can't use a game cam to pursue game.
What if you not using it to pursue game, but to catch trespassers?

Totally agree with that, thus the reason I said to pursue game. It's slippery slope they're gonna have to navigate for sure.
Is it though? There will be very few who try and cheat/ skirt the new laws. Seems pretty easy imo, if you have a property that you hunt, I would not have trail cameras out. It's really that simple. The very, very small minority that claim to have cameras out only for watching their property will have to make an easy decision in my mind. Continue using them and risk losing their hunting license or discontinue use of them.

In Az, the Chief LEO for AZGFD replied that you do not have to have a picture of an animal to be charged with using a trail camera to aid in take. Any and all information gained from a camera will be illegal in AZ if you hunt. There are always a few tough guys online who say they will continue to use them to "observe wildlife." I can not wait until they get busted. Trail cameras often provide more valuable info by NOT getting pictures. I have used them for years, the way they benefitted me was letting me know which areas hold animals and which do not. Much easier with a trailcam vs. spending weeks on weeks physically glassing an area or hiking it.

HuntHarder, thanks for sharing more of the specific language. No gray area there. 👍

Bigal09

FNG
I never understood why they did that cameras are useful for seeing what predators are moving through the area because it’s hard to find cats just by walking and I don’t run dogs to find them