When to stop supporting a hunting brand

Gone4Days

WKR
I generally dont reach out to places that I dont do business with to let them know why I dont do business with them...I dont give PETA a dime and I dont feel the need to call them to tell them why.

You seem more outraged over this than anyone is at NF.
Maybe not you specifically but don’t you think it’s kinda strange that there is 11 pages of piling on NF and not one person has called out MTNTOUGH? Is it because they give RS money? Surely there are lots of members on this site who use mtntough.

Why is everyone swarming to NF HQ with pitchforks but no one cares about mtntough? hmmmmmm…. I wonder why.

CorbLand

WKR
Maybe not you specifically but don’t you think it’s kinda strange that there is 11 pages of piling on NF and not one person has called out MTNTOUGH? Is it because they give RS money? Surely there are lots of members on this site who use mtntough.

Why is everyone swarming to NF HQ with pitchforks but no one cares about mtntough? hmmmmmm…. I wonder why.
Maybe because that thread is specifically about Nightforce and people dont feel the need to pull a bunch of other bullshit into a thread not about that?

I find it far more strange that you just keep posting the same comment than I do people not calling MTNTOUGH.

The vast majority of that thread are just fun, meaningless memes anyways. Seriously, you seem to be the most outraged.

Last edited:
OP
IDVortex

IDVortex

WKR

I mean, when you buy a new gun some of that money goes back to the Feds who also want to limit your 2A, so we should stop buying guns so it quits giving the Feds who are anti 2a finances to fight agasint our freedom.

Gone4Days

WKR
I’m not outraged, just rolling my eyes at all the fake outrage from snowflakes on this site who are spamming NF customer service with court paperwork because they advertised on a hunting show.

I don't look at buying something as "supporting" a company. I don't look at shopping as a form of self-expression.

KurtR

WKR

Its pretty simple mtntough is something no one cares about NF on the other hand build some of the best optics and it actually used by alot of people.

TaperPin

WKR
Look at all the owners of a publicly traded company - why would anyone support a company with a cross section of American owners - there must be someone who pisses you off in there.

I very often take my business elsewhere when I know the owner of a small business and don’t like him. The more business owners you get to know the more you’ll dislike. Lol

Marble

WKR
It would take something fairly drastic for me to stop supporting a brand. The NF issue doesn't sway me enough. I suspect they will figure out a large portion of the hunting/tactical community will eventually catch on.

Maybe NF knows more than we do. But the perception that people have of who and what he stands for, matters more for their bottom line. Bud Light made statements as to how people took the commercial/endorsement was not how they intended for it to come across. But the reality is, people took it in a way that had serious implications for a brand that was up until that point, 100% American.

I don’t investigate companies trying to find a reason to not support them. However, when a company does make a political statement or do something stupid, then I pay close attention and act accordingly.

I get that aligns with most people. What I don’t get is hunters acting like they could care less. It’s stupid to assume that and down right irresponsible to support any business that clearly takes a stand against hunting. All hunting. Not just what floats your boat.

When a company makes a statement they know is going to piss people off, I oblige them if that stance isn’t correct. I assumed that was everyone. But, people tend to do what’s easy versus what’s right. But, that’s human nature. You see it in this thread and every thread that’s ever covered this.

7mm-08

WKR
Well, THAT got spirited quickly. I'm with the guys who have a long fuse on this sort of falderal. It sure takes a bunch to get me outraged for any reason. Especially at a company that makes good products and supports their customer base. I care very little about the advertising/social media nonsense.

Last edited:

tony

WKR
I won’t buy Levi’s or Nike shoes.
I am on the fence with Hornady as well
Nightforce was never a serious option for me. I don’t need a $1500.00 scope for what I do.

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Are we not allowed discernment in sinful (Illegal) behaviour in others? I believe we are - and that is not hypocrisy as the verse goes on to say.
Just saying NF does a ton of great thing for hunters and servicemen. So do a lot of hunting companies that get a bunch of Karen’s upset over one thing they do.

Maybe it would be better for hunters to look at the whole picture rather than “cancel” a great tried and true company because of one thing they don’t like.

I would guess a lot of dudes on here have done some stuff that they wouldn’t want their entire reputation based on or drug through the mud over. Myself included.

Oh the irony that all these WKRs with their fake outrage are posting about NF sponsoring MF on the very forum that is supported by another company that also sponsors MF goes to show you how retarded the whole thing is. If these snowflakes were truly outraged they would call for Rokslide to drop MTNTOUGH and if they don’t, leave the site forever.
You are right.

I myself don’t worry about it to the point I will not buy the best product.With this particular situation the company actually makes a great product so that makes it suck for us that want a quality product.