When are you all starting your scouting?

I am getting excited. I usually try and wait until after the first week of July so I have a decent idea of what I am looking at. When are you all going? How is the antler growth in your area, report back, thanks!

Taudisio

WKR
Started hanging cameras two weeks ago right after spring bear. Pulled the first one yesterday. Seeing what’s in the area for a new spot. I’ll get more serious closer to the opener.

Attachments

• IMG_3528.jpeg
    IMG_3528.jpeg
    435.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3529.jpeg
    IMG_3529.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3530.jpeg
    IMG_3530.jpeg
    564.3 KB · Views: 51

Hnthrdr

WKR
Hunting a rut hunt area I know fairly well, so I’ll just show up and hunt, not much to scout for, bucks travel a long ways, and we have a general idea of where the does will be hanging, a boat load of other tag holders so things get pushed around a bit and you never know what you could turn up. Have the glassing spots pretty well lined out

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
I usually get excited and start to scout now, but I going right after the 4th of July this year. In August I’m hoping to put in some long weekends, and maximize scouting time this year.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
E-scouting for snowfall/snow pack about April. Maybe mid June for being in the field but honestly that’s still mud season and I’m busy with family stuff anyway so mid July is when I’m really trying to focus on it.

huntnful

WKR
I've already set trail cams in early June and just got back from a scouting trip for another tag. Found a buck already over 150". Could not believe his antler growth already. The rest of the bucks were just stubbed out forks looking like they be 4x4's. This buck had a full ass four point frame over 150".

Hnthrdr

WKR
I've already set trail cams in early June and just got back from a scouting trip for another tag. Found a buck already over 150". Could not believe his antler growth already. The rest of the bucks were just stubbed out forks looking like they be 4x4's. This buck had a full ass four point frame over 150".
Gonna be a toad!!!!

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
My thoughts as well. Hopefully I'll be able to share a before and after photo of him once he's got my tag on him lol.
What is the concern of sharing pictures before you kill him? I've heard this come up a few times of those not wanting to share pictures of their scouted bucks beforehand.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
What is the concern of sharing pictures before you kill him? I've heard this come up a few times of those not wanting to share pictures of their scouted bucks beforehand.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
A buck like he described could bring a lot of attention… best to leave it be till after season filled or not. There are all sorts of folks trolling these sites