Wheeler #2 Action Wrench - Tikka?

sdx

FNG
Will a Wheeler #2 action wrench work the same as the Wheeler #1 for the Tikka action? I've seen most recommend the Wheeler #1, but I'd rather get the #2 if it will work the same as I have a Remington 700 also that I could use it for in the future. From the pictures it seems like you could flip the top on the #2 the same as the #1?

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
I have a #2 and it works perfectly for a tikka. I just turn one half of it around backwards and use an index card to protect the action. I also made a bracket at work with a threaded hole to screw a bolt in to place a torque wrench on.

Reactions: sdx
OP
S

sdx

FNG
I have a #2 and it works perfectly for a tikka. I just turn one half of it around backwards and use an index card to protect the action. I also made a bracket at work with a threaded hole to screw a bolt in to place a torque wrench on.
Thank you!

OP
S

sdx

FNG
After a second look I don't see how the Wheeler #2 would work because it has a curved bottom piece to fit the Rem 700, not a flat bottom, not sure what I was thinking. The pictures were misleading, showing the #1 as the #2. I guess you could run a thick piece of steel across the bottom piece to make it flat. Are you sure you used the #2?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of that bracket you made for the torque wrench?

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
After a second look I don't see how the Wheeler #2 would work because it has a curved bottom piece to fit the Rem 700, not a flat bottom, not sure what I was thinking. The pictures were misleading, showing the #1 as the #2. I guess you could run a thick piece of steel across the bottom piece to make it flat. Are you sure you used the #2?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of that bracket you made for the torque wrench?

You turn one of the halves around backwards so you have one flat side and one rounded side.

543c17469c7f575feda6d43fd35ab92b.jpg

c74b7dc5593090fb87090cfb81e34249.jpg

210db2912dc165e5a77b8698119a665c.jpg

Reactions: sdx