Whats your name boy?

Mosby

WKR
That'd be John Singleton Mosby though.

Lived in Va for most of my life. Shenandoah Valley most recently. Went to school in Warrenton and had a friend whose grandmother lived in Mosby's house there. Dad knew more about the war than any professor I've ever known so I got the genes whether I liked it or not. turns out the older I got the more I liked it.

Brother's name is...Robert E. Lee...

no shit...
Thats funny and you're right. I was thinking about William Chapman when I was typing. A lot of history in that area.

I went fly fishing in Montana with a guide several years ago. Started talking with him and one thing lead to another. I recognized his family name. He was originally from Charleston, SC. The direct descendant of multiple signers of the Declaration of Independence. He owns china that George Washington ate off of. One of the first shots of the Civil War from Fort Sumter hit one of his families buildings on their plantation. Drayton Hall. It is one of the few plantations that survived the war. At one point his family owned all the land that we know today as South Carolina and Georgia. All of it. That blew me away. Talking history while trout fishing on the Clarks Fork.

ODB

WKR
Thats funny and you're right. I was thinking about William Chapman when I was typing. A lot of history in that area.

I went fly fishing in Montana with a guide several years ago. Started talking with him and one thing lead to another. I recognized his family name. He was originally from Charleston, SC. The direct descendant of multiple signers of the Declaration of Independence. He owns china that George Washington ate off of. One of the first shots of the Civil War from Fort Sumter hit one of his families buildings on their plantation. Drayton Hall. It is one of the few plantations that survived the war. At one point his family owned all the land that we know today as South Carolina and Georgia. All of it. That blew me away. Talking history while trout fishing on the Clarks Fork.
That's awesome. I've been to Drayton Hall many times - my wife is a historical house nut. Love SC - spent a great deal of time there growing up.

History is a great thing - I call it the "mother"subject of school. Too bad many people think it's dead...

Before I was married, I had a successful career in the adult film industry. My pseudonym (that means stage name guys) was Sir Edward Long Nuts.

I am happily married now, have two sons, am fairly heavily tattooed and I have a healthy bull killing streak… my bride and boys came up with InkedElkSlayer and thought it was more applicable for my virgin run on a hunting forum.
IMG_2679.jpeg

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
Great thread. Mine was a nickname given to me by the farmer I worked for in the summers from the age of 10 to 17. He said it was from a memory game and I reminded him of the little farmer in the game, but it was spelled Husker Du.

Anyhow, the nickname stuck with my brother and friends, and to this day my wife calls me Hoosker on a daily basis.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Colorado and my name is Joe. Makes it easy to remember and it rhymes I think.
I've enjoyed the stories behind the names.

Great thread. Mine was a nickname given to me by the farmer I worked for in the summers from the age of 10 to 17. He said it was from a memory game and I reminded him of the little farmer in the game, but it was spelled Husker Du.

Anyhow, the nickname stuck with my brother and friends, and to this day my wife calls me Hoosker on a daily basis.
I thought you might be an old school skater. Husker Du was a punk band from St Paul that was popular with the skate board crowd.

BBob

WKR
When I did or said something stupid a girlfriend used to say in a sarcastic tone "Okay Billy Bob". Don't know where she got it as neither are my name but it always got the point across and made me laugh.

OP

4rcgoat

WKR
Before I was married, I had a successful career in the adult film industry. My pseudonym (that means stage name guys) was Sir Edward Long Nuts.

I am happily married now, have two sons, am fairly heavily tattooed and I have a healthy bull killing streak… my bride and boys came up with InkedElkSlayer and thought it was more applicable for my virgin run on a hunting forum.
View attachment 651134
I envy your former career🍻

intunegp

WKR
Way back in 2008ish when I was first dabbling internet forums I finally took the plunge and joined one. When it asked for a username I had no idea what to choose. Looked around my room a bit and saw a guitar pick on my desk that was tossed to me from my favorite band at the time. It said "InTuneGP". That has since been my username on ALMOST every forum, app, and website I've ever joined that asked for a username. It has never been taken and I don't ever forget my username when I need to login somewhere.

Also comes with the added bonus that one day maybe guitar pick company InTuneGP will want to do some social media marketing and I will happily sell them my accounts for the right price :ROFLMAO:

I envy your former career🍻
If anyone recognizes the legend in the pic, they should probably be monitored closely!!

Nice thread. Couple names I love are @dr.mooseknuckles and @Fartface

For several years, our annual physicals were done by a plump PA. We named him Dr. Chubby Knuckles… a real eye opener.

Then Fartface just reminds me of 4th grade. I remember his FNG thread. Laughed my ass off when I saw it

Roan444

FNG
My once in a lifetime horse was a roan, and at the time I started perusing forums, the 444 Marlin was my go-to (and tbh still is) . Hence Roan444 on most forums I belong to.

@CorbLand I've run across your posts here since joining and just assumed your username was a clever spin on the Canadian singer/songwriter Corb Lund. Now I read early in this thread that it's not that at all.

Last edited:
OP

4rcgoat

WKR
If anyone recognizes the legend in the pic, they should probably be monitored closely!!

Nice thread. Couple names I love are @dr.mooseknuckles and @Fartface

For several years, our annual physicals were done by a plump PA. We named him Dr. Chubby Knuckles… a real eye opener.

Then Fartface just reminds me of 4th grade. I remember his FNG thread. Laughed my ass off when I saw it

My once in a lifetime horse was a roan, and at the time I started perusing forums, the 444 Marlin was (and tbh still is) the 444 Marlin. Hence Roan444 on most forums I belong to.

@CorbLand I've run across your posts here since joining and just assumed your username was a clever spin on the Canadian singer/songwriter Corb Lund. Now I read early in this thread that it's not that at all.
I got a kick out of knowing what the reasons were for the user names,adds some context. Thanks for posting everyone!