What's your favorite part of a hunt?

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
Getting eyes on the first critter worth taking. Knowing that the hunt is truly about to start.

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
This time of year it's definitely the adrenaline filled moments waiting for legal shooting when flocks of greenheads are bombing your spread

go_deep

WKR
Every single part, even starting to pile up gear in the shed weeks before I leave.

Everything once the animal is down. Feel like I can finally breath a little and take my time enjoying the rest of the trip. Everyone is on a high and reliving the hunt

Randle

WKR
That "Whats over next ridge, into the next draw " feeling. Always exploring , learning , seeing new country.

OP
Where's Bruce?
BTW, a close second best favorite is when I am packing everything into the truck when heading out to wherever my hunt is. Might be a 4 hour drive or a four day drive but the "gettin' there" part is all possibility and excitement...a kind of blood sport foreplay.

Sherman

WKR
Having to persevere. The harder the better. Those are the hunts that I remember the most. Going past when most quit. And when you do find success after a grueling hunt not only physically but mentally, it’s all the sweeter….. the worst packouts I’ve been apart of, you know the ones where you question your sanity, those are the ones that will be forever etched in my mind and cherished.
I love it when I go past the point of the guys who went past the point of where most quit. I wait for those guys to get past the point of where most quit, then I track them until they quit, then I go farther. On their pack out, while they are questioning their sanity, I keep packing until I lose my sanity. I’ll go past the truck, I don’t care, as long as I go from questioning my sanity to losing it, then finding it again. The worst I feel the better. That is my favorite part of the hunt.

My walk back to camp in the dark. Seriously. I love that part about the day and I have no true and clear answer as to why I like it. My wife thinks it is probably because everyone else hates it and I feed on other peoples negative chi. Lol

Yarak

WKR
The squeeze of the trigger
The recoil of the rifle
The flop of the animal

Sitting around a nice campfire after a successful day of hunting with good friends and family. Nothing better.
I can even skip the fire...

I love the evening camp. Talking about the day, talking about tomorrow. History and the future. Reveling in the now and the experience.

afilko

FNG
for deer, the camp atmosphere. I grew up going with my dad and brothers. Things changed and I have been doing a lot of solo public land hunting and really appreciate getting to hunt with a group again. makes even the slow weekends fun sharing stories in the evenings.
For bird hunting, my favorite part is watching my GSP go on point. It just gives me a warm feeling I can get him out and do the thing his breed has been made to do for hundreds of years

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
Seeing the look on a new hunters face, when a target animal comes into view. Then, working through the patience of waiting for the right shot placement, followed by the huge grin and elation of the harvest, first deer, first buck, first bull, first bear.
It never gets old.
I love helping new people get into hunting.