What's your do-it-all 5 or 6wt fly rod?

If people out west ever complain about over crowding hunting spots then we could always send them a picture of Elk Creek in Erie on a Saturday or Oak Orchard up in New York any day of the week

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If people out west ever complain about over crowding hunting spots then we could always send them a picture of Elk Creek in Erie on a Saturday or Oak Orchard up in New York any day of the week

I remember one day back in the 80's while I was in college. We had one of those common stretches of weather in January where the temps were in the 60's and 70's. So on a Tuesday, in January, over 30 years ago, I drove down to the South Platte River. I never even got out of the truck. It was almost elbow to elbow with fisherman, and I'm not happy if I even see another vehicle within a mile of where I'm fishing.

OP
T

topher89

WKR
Got my hands on the new Scott G Series today and was extremely impressed. The Radian and Flex were nice as well but the G Series felt much more natural for me. Accuracy was great at a variety of distances.

I still want to cast a few more rods, especially some of mid-price options before I commit but the G Series may be the winner.

Last edited:

JigStick

WKR

Don't forget the hordes of lifters and snaggers lined shoulder to shoulder on Walnut or Burt Dam.

ohoopee

WKR
I love fishing with a beautiful cane rod. I fought with a new 8ft 5wt Zietak( granger 8040 taper) this summer. Still trying to find a line I like with it.