Whats the most dangerous animal you've come across?

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
My scariest moment came in Glacier Park when I was 18 or so. I was on a quick hike and came over a small rise only to see a large sow grizzly charging toward me! I absolutly froze! She stopped at 20-30yds and turned sideways, allowing me to turn and quickly move the other direction. It was hard not to instinctively run like a mother. I climbed the ridge above her and looked down to see the bear and 2 cubs on a carcass. If she wasnt protecting the cubs and carcass she may not have stopped. I always carry a pistol in bear country now......

Hike2hunt

FNG
I was bitten by a rattler on my wading boots fishing a creek in the Sierras back in 99, had a cow moose chase me across Rock Creek fly fishing in Montana, and lastly in 2011 I had a Mountain Lion come up within in few yards up a steep embankment behind me Elk hunting here in Washington; my buddy jumped up like the life was about to be sucked out of him - and with that the cat was gone.

Mikeha33

Lil-Rokslider
Had a cougar sneak up behind me while glassing and leaning on a dead fall on the edge of a park in SW CO last September 5th. He got to about 25' before I turned around to grab a swig of water from my Camelbak and saw him, still moving slowly towards me. I rolled over and drew my .45, but I don't think I'd of hit him if I had to, as hard as I was shaking. After 3 more steps to me, the distance was about 20', and I jumped up, screaming everything that'll keep you from getting into the pearly gates, and had my pistol fixed on center mass, he just sat down and stared right through me. The stare-down lasted for probably 10-15 seconds, then he turned around and walked nonchalantly back where I assume he'd come from. I had my hat off, a bushy beard, and had been doing some cow calling, so he was definitely coming for me. After I regained composure (Yeah, I lost it. First time ever in the mountains, by myself, new baby at home, partner 4 miles in the opposite direction, no one knowing really where I was, at dusk, and nearly prey) I had to hike back to camp in the dark, through dark timber, right where the cat went. I had my headlamp on, streamlight in one hand, and pistol at the ready, SWAT style, the entire hike, about 2 miles.
I don't know what would have happened if I wouldn't have turned around to get a drink, and that's what I think scared me so bad. Kinda wish I would have shot that kitty, since I'll be in the same area this season.

gelton

WKR
^^^ scary stuff. Only seen a lion once as it hightailed it across an open meadow. Never seen anything move that fast in person.

littlebuf

Banned
Has any one said democrat yet? I think they've posed the most danger to me hunting than anything out there