Whats the most dangerous animal you've come across?

peter

FNG
In the zoo doesn't count...or safari. My question is whats the most dangerous animal you stumbled across backpacking hunting or whatever? I am from England so there really isn't much to be scared of here... probably the most dangerous thing iv came across is a angry dog or farmer.

shaun

WKR
My wife! But in all seriousness probably a grizzly bear at 50 yards ready to charge snapping his jaws and pounding the ground I would have to say my ass was puckering a little

My first ex wife ...............

I trust moose less than I trust a bear.

Had one encounter with a grizzly at 15 feet, he ran off.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Grouse. Man, I can't tell you how many times I've about had a heart attack......................

Randy

Browtine

WKR
Cow moose with calf.

We were pushing them up a narrow canyon in the Tetons. They trotted away the first couple times we bumped them. 3rd time, she'd had enough and charged. We had a nice cat and mouse game around a tree for a few seconds. After that, we decided a nice scramble up and over the trail to get ahead of them was a good idea.

Archelk

Lil-Rokslider
Black Bear Sow with her cub. Both were feeding on a rotting elk hind quarter when we came up around the bend in the trail and were across a small creek from us.

KINGSNAKE

WKR
Probably a bull moose in the rut in Wyoming on horse back in the moon light. He was about 40 yards across the creek.

jm1607

WKR
Came face to face with a bobcat, literally. Our faces were probably 2' away from each other..

Besides that I've almost stepped on (did step on one) probably a dozen different venomous snakes (mainly rattlers) from TX to AZ..

Outwest

WKR
Mountain Lion. He stared me down at 30 yards before he decided I looked a little scrawny to eat and went on.
I would have to agree with mtnwrunner though, I have been scared by birds more times than I would like to admit.

60x

WKR
Alaska brown bear. I shot him in the mouth at close range.

Second would be cow moose with newborn..

JoshTX

WKR

NO DOUBT. They are everywhere I hunt here in Texas and I'm always damn certain of where I step or put my hand because of them.

2nd would have to be a Mountain Lion. I came eye to eye with one at about 10 yard and I thought to myself, "that is one big damn cat". I was glad that it wasn't too interested in me but I was nervous until I got in the truck.

krueger

FNG
I was severely bit in the face by a yellow lab when i was young kid. Dogs are significantly more dangerous to humans than bears, cougars, snakes or bigfoots