What's the earliest time of day you've seen a bear?

Oregonboy

WKR
To all the spring bear boys out there:

It seems like most bear hunting takes place in the afternoon and early evening. The earliest I've ever seen a bear was 9:30AM, but I'm curious what others are seeing. Are you guys seeing bears in the morning or mainly afternoons and early evenings?

What's the earliest you've seen one?

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
I shot mine two weeks ago at 8:05 am. Two other bears I’d seen the night before were visible from first light. One hadn’t moved 30 yards from where I’d seen him the night before.

rclouse79

WKR
First light, right by where we saw him the night before. Good thing we were up early, because he went behind a tree and napped for most of the day. We would have thought he moved on if we hadn’t seen him.

92xj

WKR
4 days ago, wrapping up a hunt and heading home, I saw two bears, one at 5:45am and the other at 6:15am, eating grass on side of forest road while heavy rain came down. 4 days before, saw 2 bears between 11am and 11:45am. I shot my bear at 9:00pm, go figure.

rclouse79

WKR
4 days ago, wrapping up a hunt and heading home, I saw two bears, one at 5:45am and the other at 6:15am, eating grass on side of forest road while heavy rain came down. 4 days before, saw 2 bears between 11am and 11:45am. I shot my bear at 9:00pm, go figure.
The last couple hours are definitely best, but a lot of guys would make you believe there is zero chance of seeing one in the morning. I am surprised how many guys sleep in when bear hunting.

To all the spring bear boys out there:

It seems like most bear hunting takes place in the afternoon and early evening. The earliest I've ever seen a bear was 9:30AM, but I'm curious what others are seeing. Are you guys seeing bears in the morning or mainly afternoons and early evenings?

What's the earliest you've seen one?
One of the biggest black bears I have ever seen and put a stalk on was at daylight in the morning. Unfortunately it didn't work out but I have seen several bears in the early morning. I see them at almost all hours of the day especially in the fall.

ORhunter74

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve seen the most bears earlier in the day. Before 3 or so. Killed one around 7:30 am and another around 2:30 pm. Most recent one was seen around 11:00 am. I hunt more heavily wooded areas/ old logging roads rather than clear cuts. I’m guessing that plays into what times I’m seeing them.

JD Jones

WKR
First light of the day. Jumped him on the way in and as the day light broke I saw the biggest bear of my life climbing up a slide

Just killed one at 7:30am on Saturday. From my experience, even when it’s hot they’ll shade up on/in the fringes of timber and feed in the morning. Harder to see, but they’re eating. IMHO most people who say they never see bears in the morning hardly ever are looking for bears in the mornings…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
Seen 3 or 4 right at first light before sunrise. Killed 1 of them. All of them looked to be above average bears.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk