What's the craziest thing you've ever used your gear for that had nothing to do with the outdoors?

mcfd45

FNG
Used a coworkers belt as a serpentine belt on the ambulance.
Belt broke in southern LA. No radio. No cell coverage. Hurricane was a few hours out.
Not gonna lie, I puckered my bootie hole for a while on that trip.

Aklongbow

FNG
When I was really young ..... I may or may not remember a kid who may have on may not have used a self climber treestand around midnight to repair his cable that some how became disconnected !!!!
Wouldn't you know that the next day new neighbors moved in , and had their cable turned on!
Apparently said kids cable evidently wasn't supposed to be connected....... because they cut out about a 3ft section so that the cable couldn't be reconnected lol

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
On a Kodiak trip with 11 days of rain we covered our feathers on each arrow with condoms. My buddy ran in to a guy in the field and he said " I see you are practicing safe bowhunting!"

grfox92

WKR
On a Kodiak trip with 11 days of rain we covered our feathers on each arrow with condoms. My buddy ran in to a guy in the field and he said " I see you are practicing safe bowhunting!"
I guess the real question is why did you guys have so many condoms on a hunting trip?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I guess the real question is why did you guys have so many condoms on a hunting trip?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Funniest part of that story is when my buddy stuck out his chest slammed down 20) XL Magnums on the counter in front of the checker lady!

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I walk to the grocery store with a 44 Mag on a Duplex frame and pack home the groceries. My wife has declined every invitation to accompany me.

I bought a Nemo Nomad insulated pad for my wife a couple years ago hoping it would help her back (and attitude) sleeping on the ground. Then COVID hit and our little kids used it hardcore as a bounce house for several years. Had it out yesterday even. Thing won’t hold air for more than an hour now, but the entertainment it delivered was worth everything I spent on it and much more!!

Also, FWIW, my wife and I sleep better and warmer on the Nemo Q-core delux insulated pads, which are cheaper and probably a quarter of the size of the Nomad deflated.