What's on your feet this year?

cmeier117

WKR
I read the posts from the Rokslide staff but what is everyone else's go to boot for Early and Late season.

Early season-Danner pronghorns (Upgrading to Crispi Idaho's soon.)

Late season- Crispi Wild

I have really been super pleased with with my Lowa ZEPHYRs for early season hunting and my late season stuff in Kansas. I am going to look into some Salomons or the Kenetreks.

aggieland

WKR
I liked my Solomon XA PRO 3D Ultras last year but I'm considering the Solomon Wings Sky GTX boots this year unless someone on here can sell me on a different boot.. ???

Gman

WKR
I have a tough foot to fit and have found the meindl island pro (wide) to be best. Have to get them shipped from Canada - not the cabelas version.

La Sportiva Wildcat GTX's baby. They'll probly be worn out by the end of next season and then I'm on the look again ;) Innov 8's look nice. After last season, definitely sticking with a trail runner for early season.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Solomon XA PRO 3D Ultras, like aggie for all my summer hiking/scouting/packrafting, for hunting has been all Lowas Sheephunters for the past 5 years. Going to try some stuff from Hanwag this year though and see if my feet still like me. :)

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hanwag Mountain Lights and Hanwag Cracks for me this year.

The Cracks will be in next week and I'll keep everyone posted on how they perform.

aggieland

WKR
Someone tell me why these heavier looking boots like the Hanwag are better than the Solomon boots.. I have never seen them so I honestly want to learn. thanks

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Aggie, Solomons are great for lightweight backpacking and hiking. But when you have to haul 100+ pounds of critter and gear off the mountain on your back you'll want a bit more support than the Solomon's offer.

littlebuf

Banned
kennetreck mountain extremes NI. i wear them year round.my feet dont get very cold even in the dead of winter.these things fit me so great and have so much support that there probably all il will ever wear.if it aint broke dont fix it right

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Hanwag Mountain Lights and Hanwag Cracks for me this year.

The Cracks will be in next week and I'll keep everyone posted on how they perform.

Aron what type of boot are the cracks? Are they on Hanwag's European website? I am curious.

Last edited:

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wore Meindl's didn't fit my foot right, been wearing Lowa Tibets the last few years may try something a little different this year?

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a pair of the Salomon Quest 4D's for this year. I've worn them on a couple training hikes, so far so good.