Whats he score?

cnelk

WKR
I dont hunt mule deer very much, but when I got a few decent bucks on trail camera last year, I decided to put in and drew a tag this year.

Here is one of them that Im looking for - hoping he is still around

What do you think he scores? 180ish?

Attachments

• MD_Velvet buck.jpg
    MD_Velvet buck.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 466

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
Velvet can be deceiving, but he looks like toad to me. He's still has big bases, good inside spread, deep forks (minus his right front crab claw that will hurt him a little), good mass and carries it well throughout. I'd still give him 185-190 conservatively.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Not wide but I wouldn’t be surprised to see 180 out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bohntr

WKR
While his left main beam and G4 is short, he's one of those 'no brainer' deer that the net score truly doesn't reflect the maturity of the deer. He's a beauty.......send an arrow! :)

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Great deer, i’d speculate 180”+ out of him. Most of us would be thrilled to have that deer as a baseline/fallback going into the season with a tag in hand. Hopeful you can tip him over.....BTW I wouldn’t even score that buck if I shot it, it’s a quality deer regardless of what the math says.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
He’s a shooter, that’s my score!!

Small fronts but unreal backs. It’s very early and he still will pump out inches. Velvet is a tricky one but I’d say 175.

I’m gonna guess low 170’s gross. Killed a buck just like it last October and thought he would for sure be a 180 but was 10” over on my guess.

Nice buck none the less, I’d go for him!

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Dandy buck, I'd guess him in the lower 170's …. expect to see some more pictures of him later..:D
Mike

not much more than 170. great mass and back forks but lacking beam length and front forks. Dandy buck regardless