What's a good public land whitetail state in the midwest?

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
I’m born and raised in Co, have no desire to do the Midwest thing if you are after whitetail I would much rather hunt them in ID, MT, or parts of Nebraska. I know you weren’t asking for honey holes, I just enjoy stirring the pot and some of the… well there isn’t anywhere to hunt… responses. Seems like there is enough places for nerds like “the hunting public” to shoot plenty of animals on public land in the “Midwest”
I feel like the responses here have been pretty good.... saying there isn't much public land in Nebraska or other eastern states isn't a lie.

I’m born and raised in Co, have no desire to do the Midwest thing if you are after whitetail I would much rather hunt them in ID, MT, or parts of Nebraska. I know you weren’t asking for honey holes, I just enjoy stirring the pot and some of the… well there isn’t anywhere to hunt… responses. Seems like there is enough places for nerds like “the hunting public” to shoot plenty of animals on public land in the “Midwest”
To be fair, "The Hunting Public" guys have a couple of advantages in IA the average resident and NR don't enjoy.
  1. Being headquarted in South Central IA, they're an hour's drive or less from a couple of the largest WMAs in the state of Iowa- Red Rock Reservoir and Lake Rathbun, among other areas.
  2. As "professional" hunters, they can hunt/scout every day of the week, avoiding peak pressure times.
I like watching these guys, and they show it all, good and bad, including their lessons learned. The whispering gets to be a little much, but probably my favorite YouTube hunting channel.