Whats a good price for a guided caribou hunt?

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Housing, transportation, food and everything included?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need way more information!

Mountain caribou, Central Canadian, Woodland all cost way more than a basic Alaska hunt for Barren ground….

Also trophy potential factors in. Anywhere from $5k to $20k depending…

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
when i guided 14 years ago in northern quebec it was from $7000 to $9900 for 5-6 days including one flight to the camp (around 2 hours and more one way) and return and 30kgs back of meat. more was extra and if you wanted to do a fly out for specific time it was around $4000 extra and we cannot keep up the requests. people wanted to shoot the biggest everytime.

i do not know how much it will be those days but the outfitter was successful with his plan and proved it.

i d like to know where a caribou can be hunted for 5000 in 2024 even in usd.

OP
Dbevans

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Family friend wants to “guide reindeer” hes a herder and his herd has a lot of nice deer. Since he owns them theres not too many rules about it. There are plenty of these reindeer
ec55d1ca8e1fd767ad6b932b380a2825.jpg

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
Family friend wants to “guide reindeer” hes a herder and his herd has a lot of nice deer. Since he owns them theres not too many rules about it. There are plenty of these reindeer
ec55d1ca8e1fd767ad6b932b380a2825.jpg

still in velvet with i imagine the fat still on the best meat ever.

Sako76

WKR
I went to New Foundland in 2022 on a combo moose/caribou rifle hunt fly in hunt. The combo price was $17,750. I shot a small bull moose (30”) and a B&C Woodland Caribou (333 6/8). I basically paid $12K for the caribou hunt. I heard this hunt is up to $15K. I have seen prices as high as $32K for Woodland Caribou. Prices are ridiculous, including the $12K I paid, luckily I have an understanding wife and a good 401K.

TheWhitetailNut

Lil-Rokslider
Need way more information!

Mountain caribou, Central Canadian, Woodland all cost way more than a basic Alaska hunt for Barren ground….

Also trophy potential factors in. Anywhere from $5k to $20k depending…
Wait.. Where can one get a guided Caribou hunt for $5k?

TheWhitetailNut

Lil-Rokslider
There are also a number of hunts in Greenland for that price. Worth the trip over for sure. Just check the discount book your hunt websites and see
I was aware of the Greenland hunts mostly as an add to Muskox, really small animals though. I'll make sure more guys with planes have my name.

I was aware of the Greenland hunts mostly as an add to Muskox, really small animals though. I'll make sure more guys with planes have my name.
Yeah there are a few advertised as caribou only; generally during the Off season. The classification is a bit tricky though with B&C not recognizing them, P&Y saying they are CCBG, SCI saying they are either reindeer or CCBG or Island caribou, and GSCO also mixed with Island, arctic, or maybe peary's who knows, they are greenlandic caribou!
Would not make sense to go to Greenland and not shoot a Muskox though!

Cheesehead

Lil-Rokslider
I did moose and caribou at Munroe lake lodge in Manitoba last year. Great guys and operation. I think they’re booking at $11k now for caribou / $16k combo