What’s a good earbud everyone uses at the gym?

Thanks, that’s the way I was leaning if Bose didn’t go good for these again.
I have both the air pods sound horrible compared to the Bose. I use the air pods until the batteries are charged on my Bose or when I am waiting on my Bose to be replaced.

Sherman

WKR
For the gym - wired earbuds that came with my iPhone. Never failed, never have to charge, leave in my locker at the gym, never forget them or worry about them going dead, not worried if they get lost or broken.

TheGDog

WKR
Been using this at the Gym for years now. It itself is an mp3 player, and there are audible and spoken prompts you hear when manipulating the buttons, so you can adjust stuff like volume, and move to the next track or next folder or switch between Shuffle Play and Regular Play on the fly without having to take them off.

AND!!!! What I like most of all is that in terms of playing order it's just the order in which they appear in the folders when you drap and drop them into it. So if you wanna set the order a certain way.. you can just slightly rename a file and prepend like a 2 or 3 digit numeric onto the front of a track to control it's playing order from top-to-bottom.

I'll typically have an \MP3Player folder on my drive that has all the MP3's on it.. and underneath that folder I can put things like \Running and \Weights and then a couple other more specific folders if there's an artist I'm diggin' on ATM.

And I always make sure to wipe it down with Rubbing Alcohol on a tissue when I get back from the Gym. Never had a problem with them.

EDIT: Also you're NOT running down your phone's battery! Just this things rechargeable battery.

Last edited:
Have used Bose, Samsung and Beats and all have failed within 2 years or less. Not a huge over the ear person due to sweat and hot ears. My wife and I have been running Jabra actives for 2 years now and they are still running strong. Have the active 4s now and live them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rojocop

FNG
Earbuds for the gym: the most El cheapo Earbuds I can get my hands on. Not worth risking expensive Earbuds getting damaged by sweat or by falling out during exercise.

During a heavy workout, I can't even focus on high quality anyways. As long as it doesn't sound like utter garbage I'm fine.

Yoder

WKR
I've been through a bunch. Wired and Bluetooth. Tried some expensive Jabra and they crapped out in under a year. Every wired set failed at the connector. I just look for cheap "waterproof" earbuds now. Last set I've had 3 months and they work pretty well. Brand is GNMN $30.

OP
B

Buck1972

FNG
For the gym - wired earbuds that came with my iPhone. Never failed, never have to charge, leave in my locker at the gym, never forget them or worry about them going dead, not worried if they get lost or broken.
exactly what I do. always have the old wired ones that came with phone in my locker when all the wireless ones fail!!

TimeOnTarget

Lil-Rokslider
Jabra. I’ve had mine for numerous years now and have zero complaints. Stay put, good noise canceling, great sound, and have been beat to death and just keep going.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using beats with noise cancellation and really like them. The kids both use airpod pros

Shoks or used to be Aftershokz. Two pairs, one is an mp3, so 100% waterproof. I have a newer set that are bluetooth. Older set is approaching 5 years old, no issues at all. Great for riding, running as you can still hear everything. They do suck on airlines though with no noise cancelling. I have a high $$ aviation headset that is BT. Really nice, but you look like a dork with the mike and cords hanging down....lol. Work great on the lawnmower (and in planes too, of course)

Jabra. I’ve had mine for numerous years now and have zero complaints. Stay put, good noise canceling, great sound, and have been beat to death and just keep going.
+1 for the Jabra Elite Active. Mine are 5 years old and still going strong. I'm a sweater too. The battery case is starting to need more frequent charging, but haven't ever had any problems with the earbuds.

Pezboat

WKR
Another + 1 for the Jabra. Had both Jabra and a pair of Bose at the same time. Returned the Bose within weeks of use.