What would you say is the wildest part of Colorado?

TagEater

Lil-Rokslider
What is your definition of wild?!
Life-Threatening: Probably Pueblo
Remote: Smack-dab in the middle of the Weminuche
Rugged: Toss up between the Sangres, Elks, Grenadiers or Gores
Life-Changing: A weekend trip to Trinidad to visit Stanley Biber
Best hunting: ...outside of Colorado...

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Walk until you see the Popes nose go up that valley to the ute lake...if you know where this is then you know how remote it is...

Drop down from the top of that trail and go west instead of crossing the divide. Take the trail to towards stormy peak and nebo. I’ve only seen a handful of backpackers that far in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the golden nugs I'll share with my children and for some reason I'm generous this morning, but if you go into the fringes of national parks it can be pretty remote, because the park attracts the people. It creates like a vacuum and not too many people wander into the edges. This has been my experience, at least.

One of the golden nugs I'll share with my children and for some reason I'm generous this morning, but if you go into the fringes of national parks it can be pretty remote, because the park attracts the people. It creates like a vacuum and not too many people wander into the edges. This has been my experience, at least.

Problem is if your vehicle is visible anywhere it attracts people like Flys on shit.

Don't know how many times I have gone somewhere with no evidence of anyone being there for a while.
Once headed out all of a sudden people and there will be 3-5 vehicles where mine was.

abbrown

Lil-Rokslider
Weminuche or Uncompaghre Wildernesses. Cimarron river drainages are pretty spectacular. Weminuche you can really get lost in.

jmibarra

FNG
What is your definition of wild?!
Life-Threatening: Probably Pueblo
Remote: Smack-dab in the middle of the Weminuche
Rugged: Toss up between the Sangres, Elks, Grenadiers or Gores
Life-Changing: A weekend trip to Trinidad to visit Stanley Biber
Best hunting: ...outside of Colorado...
Haha!

def90

WKR
Not a whole lotta wild places in Colorado. I remember archery elk hunting a few years ago and being in a place where the idea flashed in my head for a second wondering how many people might have been in the spot where i was standing. I then looked down and three feet away a piece of rebar was sticking out of the ground.

squirrel

WKR
If wild means lack of people try the NW corner many places your bones will never be found. But the fly fishing is less than stellar.