What Whitetail woods will 2024 take you to?

TheWhitetailNut

Lil-Rokslider
I was 100% certain I would nab both a Montana Combo tag and a leftover whitetail tag for Wyoming in addition to my Midwest hunts. Neither materialized and even our 100% odds antelope tags failed. This left me with several holes in my 24' hunting schedule. I was able to get a Oklahoma Deer tag so I'm pretty excited to try some new country on a Muzzleloader hunt. Perhaps without all the miles crisscrossing the country I can focus a little more on my opportunities in IL, IN, and maybe MI. Havent rifle hunted the U.P. since 2012.

Where are you heading?

South East Tx, Central Arkansas, North Central/West Arkansas (Buffalo River) are all 100%. Private land and public land.

Possibles:
Tennessee
Missouri
Oklahoma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SC public, AL private

6647c644c704f6fbf1bdd6e8f0fd9d46.jpg

First shooter on camera so far. Lots of 2.5 yr olds. Guess a score. Not the best angle. I’d say mid 130s. Guessing a 18-19 inch inside spread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
Same as usual, I dont travel much to hunt WT. I rarely drive more than 20 minutes to bow hunt, and often walk right out the door and hunt the “back yard”. Sometimes we drive down the road a bit to avoid getting sweated up on a half-mile or so hike, and to make a drag that much easier if we’re lucky.
Also of course I hunt from our family place in northern NY, thats mainly a November and dec deal when there’s likely to be tracking snow, setting dates with my brother for a week there now.
I’ll fill in with weekend day trips to various state and national forest land here or there, but that’s all an hour or less from home. Theres enough variety to hunt new spots every weekend day from opener to mid dec when seasons close.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Living in AL for the year so some public land in the area, plus the usual trips back home to WI for rifle season. Don’t control my schedule this year so not much opportunity to travel outside of holidays.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
WA public lands for deer/elk, then my place in NE MO for whitetail. Didn't draw shnit this year in any state so it's all OTC for me this year. The deer hunting on my place in MO has been fabulous the last couple years and I got a new stand dialed in. Should be good.