What waders are you guys running?

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a cheap pair of tidwes to get me through season l. Already getting tears in the pockets and the waterproof pouch zipper broke first day. Looking at the rodgers elites or final approach 2in1s. Rodgers have good reviews but nothing on the final approaches. I figure with their clothes they have to be at least decent. Anyone have any experiences with either? Or what’s your favorite go to wader for durability?

Eazye

FNG
i bought a pair of the rogers 2 in 1 elite at the end of last year and got a few days in them so far. They are pretty nice so far and ive heard pretty good things about them holding up pretty well. Have some buddies that bought sitka waders just so they could get em repaired or replaced for free.

SJT

FNG
Over the years I’ve had just about all of them. But I’m lucky if I got two seasons out of any of them. Had the Rogers breathables with the zip out liner and they were junk. Currently running the frog toggs breathable a with zip out liner and they have been great, currently 2nd season of heavy use. Have few buddies with Sitkas and they love them.

OP
W

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
Over the years I’ve had just about all of them. But I’m lucky if I got two seasons out of any of them. Had the Rogers breathables with the zip out liner and they were junk. Currently running the frog toggs breathable a with zip out liner and they have been great, currently 2nd season of heavy use. Have few buddies with Sitkas and they love them.
That’s strange, I read that frog toggs makes rodgers. Maybe just a lemon or a different model?

OP
W

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using a Banded uninsulated(California) wader for about 5 years now.
They see quite a bit of action.
Banded is interesting, I feel like they either never leak ever. Or they last a week.

OP
W

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
i bought a pair of the rogers 2 in 1 elite at the end of last year and got a few days in them so far. They are pretty nice so far and ive heard pretty good things about them holding up pretty well. Have some buddies that bought sitka waders just so they could get em repaired or replaced for free.
Yeah I was thinking this would be my waders until I save up for Sitka, just for the warranty haha

Big Ern

WKR
I have had pretty much every brand of wader. Currently using Sitka waders. Expensive, worth every penny. Been used and abused with zero issues.

Another aolid choice are the LaCrosse waders, as well as the LL Bean waders.

Had a pair of Banded….went to crap on second season. Garbage and even worst customer service.

Deadduck

FNG
I have the Drake breathable eqwader. Started leaking on season 3. I found the best wader repair stuff. 3M 5200, stuff is awesome.

Had some supermags from cabelas they lasted about 5yrs, had some drake late season..they lasted about 5yrs, busting ice took a toll on the knees, on my second year with Gator waders, they are OK for early season, they run small, they suck for late season...once they get wet and freeze they are a PIA..going back to drake neoprene next year at least for late season.

dtrkyman

WKR
Have na old pair of Hodgeman neprenes still, they suck to walk in but are warm and holding up well, they sat for years with no use, one boot dry rotted, repaired it with 3m 5200 and they are going strong for 3 season after that repair. First several years I used them hunting from a boat so not much wear and tear.

Been looking at high and dry, Sitka and Duck Camp, the Duck Camp, Chene.

Duck Camp "look" like the best for what I want they are just not widely known so not sure on the company in general.

Waders may well be the most hit or miss thing in the outdoor gear world?

NDGuy

WKR
I like the Banded Redzone 2.0s much better than those cheaper suction cups I used to wear.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Bootfoot Simms G4. I would have bought Sitka, but the fit was off for me. I've used Patagonia as well but in stocking foot. Spendy but worth it imo due to durability and warranty.

I don't understand why anybody would be running in waders.

My ll bean (Kennebec zip front) have held up to a lot of abuse for 6 or 7 years. I've hiked for miles, boulder hopped, and trudged through the brush and blackberries and just got my first leak in the fabric least year. They are very comfortable, breathable, and the zipper makes it easy to piss when I have to.

Oregon

WKR
Banded is interesting, I feel like they either never leak ever. Or they last a week.
Banded are garbage. I'm on my 3rd pair in 5 years. They do honor the warranty. Crappy part it costs $50 to ship back to Memphis.
Getting my money back didn't appear to be an option.

Oregon

WKR
My advice is look at a company called High and Dry out of Virginia. Waders made by oystermen.
2 of my buddies have them. They will be my next wader purchase. Same price as the junky Banded.

drra

FNG
I've been using the Simms Freestone (not nearly as expensive as the guide waders) and I've got 3 years on them.