What tripod should I look at?

Which head did you get with it? Have you used the bh-30scr by chance?
I have not used that head. I love the Anvil for shooting, but the weight is a bit much. What I use on my Ascend-14 is the Leofoto MA-30L, which is 4 ounces lighter than the Anvil-30 but operates just as smoothly. My
MA-30/Tricer LP panhead combo weighs the same as the Anvil alone.
I'd say that this would be a better combo than the BH-30 alone, for both shooting and glassing with a true panhead.

Attachments

• IMG_9153.jpg
    IMG_9153.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 11
Not sure why. For a $500ish setup, they did a great job with the carbon fiber, joints lock up tight no play. And the ball head locks perfectly and the qd lever also works perfectly. What's to complain about.
I'm glad its working well for you, which is the important thing. I thought the Leofoto 324 I tried was great and it wasnt until I compared side by side with a RRS Ascend-14 that I realized that the carbon used on those Chinese tripods is significantly inferior. I use 40 ft extendable carbon fiber poles in my window cleaning company. One is regular carbon from 10 years ago and one is newer High Modulous carbon fiber. The older is like a noodle compared to the H.M. Carbon pole.

RobHazmat89

Lil-Rokslider
I'm glad its working well for you, which is the important thing. I thought the Leofoto 324 I tried was great and it wasnt until I compared side by side with a RRS Ascend-14 that I realized that the carbon used on those Chinese tripods is significantly inferior. I use 40 ft extendable carbon fiber poles in my window cleaning company. One is regular carbon from 10 years ago and one is newer High Modulous carbon fiber. The older is like a noodle compared to the H.M. Carbon pole.
The legs on mine are very stiff. I've hung 2 45lb plates from it and the legs don't even flex. I'd say it's more than enough for a rifle that's 8.5lbs loaded lol

RobHazmat89

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like it might be better than the leofoto. Post a photo of your setup when you get a chance.
Will do. I'm waiting on my flight back to buffalo right now. Just got back from Paris. I'll try to take a quality shot when I can. For now this is the best I can do. Room looks ghetto because it is ghetto lol. It's a room I rented while doing travel CRNA work.

Attachments

• 20240319_224721.jpg
    20240319_224721.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 24