What to look for E-Scouting

True that. June is virtually spring in the mountains. So finding elk in June may not have any relevance come September. For that reason, I would not suggest a trip so early. But if you go put boots on the ground in August and find elk, they will be there in September, October, and at least most of November on an average year.

cnelk

WKR
^^^^ Dunno about that.

My trail cams tell me otherwise. About mid-Aug most of the elk move to another location.

Just a spattering of pics up to late Aug and then I gotta find them again in September

wapitibob

WKR
^^^^ Dunno about that.

My trail cams tell me otherwise. About mid-Aug most of the elk move to another location.

Just a spattering of pics up to late Aug and then I gotta find them again in September

Same here, as soon as they rubbed they moved. Watched it every year for a decade.

I'm a relative newbie here, having only been Colorado big game hunting for three years, and just drew my first elk tag last year - unfortunately couldn't get a shot on one. The first year we had mule deer doe tags and didn't have any problem finding mule deer does. I was introduced to the hunt apps and E-scouting that first year. I've been back to the same unit for three consecutive years and e-scouting is pretty good, but there is nothing like seeing the terrain in person. We pre-planned multiple places to hunt, but we had a few spots that the e-scouting just didn't clearly show the actual terrain (slope, cover, etc.) My newbie advice is boots on the ground as much as possible.