What to do with Atv while spike hunting

Darting

FNG
Last couple years I just did one day hunts and came back to my quad. This year in Colorado I’ll be spike camping. How does everyone secure there quad?

Marble

WKR
I just take the key out. There are all sorts of creative ways to secure it. The best is insurance. Get a policy and pay it. Thieves will steal your shit if they want to and ruin it if you secure too well.

OP
D

Darting

FNG
Ok. Insurance on the quad. Does our regular car insurance do that?

Marble

WKR
Yep. Just call whoever's you have home owners or vehicles insurance with. It's super cheap.

davsco

WKR
just be sure you figure out what you're paying for the insurance, and what you will get if it's stolen. wouldn't assume you're getting anywhere near what you paid for it.

OFFHNTN

WKR
I'd take the key and do some other little sabotage.......disconnect a wire, take the spark plug out, etc.

How about a long cable and padlock through the front wheels to immobilize it? You can buy 6', 12', 15' cables at Home Depot with loops at each end and use any padlock.

I'd take the key and do some other little sabotage.......disconnect a wire, take the spark plug out, etc.
Remember that if you remove a spark plug you are leaving the cylinder open to getting dust or water in there. I would not do this if I had an ATV.

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
I park mine and leave it while spike camping. I take the key, lock it up with a cable and put a cover on it. No issues in 7 years.

wyosam

WKR
I'm a motorcycle/trail bike guy, but I frequently end up leaving them for days at trailheads or other out of the way places. I usually just take the key, and put a padlock through both brake rotors. All you can do is make it more of a pain in the butt to steal. Making it so it wont roll accomplishes that. Insurance for if they really want it.