What!!?? The dreaded hearing aid

Robdog

FNG
Jeez, amazing what you discuss as you age.
I figured I would post this here even though hearing loss affects younger folks also.
So..........without breaking the bank or selling off your gun collection, anyone have experience with affordable and cheaper hearing aids that you are happy with??
It's mind-boggling what some of them cost.

Randy
Dang sorry to hear!

Weldor

WKR
I'm still amazed at the cost through Medicare and insurance co's. It is highway robbery. They are almost all cheaper without insurance. Not to say $1800 bucks is cheap. $7000 dollars for a set is just stealing. JMHO. I'll bet the chinese parts are worth worth about $30 bucks.

Lentuk

FNG
Update.
I talked about my dislike for the Phillips 9040 series and Costco a few posts ago.
I ordered some Jabra "Enhance select 300" aids and after wearing them all day I can say I really like them, the app is better and I can hear better than with the Phillips.
I went to lunch in a semi crowded restaurant and everything was good, they have several modes including "restaurant mode" but I did not feel it necessary to switch, I am happy.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Hearing loss and a lack of hearing aids is associated with increased dementia risk. So, more than just a convince factor to spend the money and get things taken care of (or to spend the money on a muffler for younger guys who have not fully trashed their ears).

Mosby

WKR
I just ordered some amplified ear protection for hunting, dog training and running in hunt tests. I wear ear muffs mowing my yard now too. My dad had lost his hearing as he got older and I don't want the same, so I'm protecting what I have left.