What shoes are worth it?

for a decade or so, I had a revolving door of about 4 pairs of hunting boots, each was so unbearable and uncomfortable to wear, even when I had them fitted.
Recently I got a pair of danners, even after breaking them in for 2 weeks, using hairdryers, putting a bag of water in them, and freezing them, my feet go numb. I'd rather wear squirrels on my feet than hunting/hiking shoes at this point.
At this point, no matter what size I get or what brand it is, it feels like I'm wearing petrified wood.
The ones I had for years and worse repeatedly are better, but they're too dilapidated.
I might wear bunny slippers to go shooting next week to prove a point-
Does anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• danner.jpg
    danner.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 4
Get some Crispi's. Money well spent. Best boots I've ever worn. Currently have 4 pair of them.
Check out the boot sell trade thread in the classifieds you might just run across a great deal in your size

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
I know everybody has hit up Crispi's and I bought there GTX boot on a recommendation from here this spring and it is the best boot I've ever worn. I have size 15 and my feet really bother me in a lot of boots I've worn through the years.. I have about 300 miles on these since I've got them and they are awesome.

I've had a pair of Crispis that I loved, and a pair that was trash. I wouldn't get too hung up on brand; everyone's foot is different. I'd try as many different pairs of boots as you can instead of trying to stick with a particular brand.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the Crispi's, very comfortable. You can also change out the insoles (in any boot) to something that feels and performs better for your specific feet.

Try Meindl. They have quite a few to fit a lot of different needs. Their comfort series is built on a wide last and their normal boot is still a little wider toe box than a lot of boots. The one pair of Crispi boots I have tried on were the Nevada boots and I liked them quite a bit but I just bought a new pair of Meindl’s.

Bump79

WKR
My vote goes to Asolo and Salwea. Neither have let me down over 10 years and they are reasonably priced.

For lighter go with the Salewa Mountain Trainer Lite or a little heavier duty the Mountain Trainer. Solid boots.