What rest?

What drop away rest is everyone running? Going to pick up my Rival tomorrow trying to decide what rest to put on it. I've been using a top gun phantom on my x-force and haven't had a problem with it in 8 years but I want to go with something different just for the sake of changing. Looking at trophy takers not sure which one, qad ultra, limbdriver, axt titanium recon, I would buy a hamskea but I'm not sure they are worth twice the money as others listed. Along the same lines, which is better limb or cable driven? Why? Thanks

Trr15

WKR
I've been shooting a Limbdriver pro-v for about a year and have had no issues at all. I've heard a few guys mention that these rests can develop stress cracks, but I haven't had any problems and would definitely recommend them based on my experience. I haven't tried any of the others listed.

trkyslr

WKR
TT smack down pro is best rest made in my opinion. And limb driven is best imo as well.

bwlacy

WKR
Limbdriver Pro V since 2011. I love it. Haven't had any problems, easy to set up and tune, to tension on your cable. Quiet, simple, effective. Not much more I can say about it.

Ive had a pro V worked Flawless but i have to say was loud. Rip cord code red was cool but didnt
Like if you drew and let down it didnt stay up , I now have a TT smackdown pro im gona try . Hands down QAD hdx was so easy to set up quiet and worked very very well

Ive played with all kinds of rest in the past year and i keep coming back to a QAD.. I had a limb driver fall apart on me and i don't like how much loop material stretches for a limb driven rest. Tried both the limb driver and the trophy taker smack down pro.. Im back to a QAD for good it seems

jmez

WKR
Hamskea. If going limb driven these are worth the money IMO. They won't break an are machined to very tight tolerances. It is made better than the other brands.

I prefer the limb driven over cable driven. Don't have to time them or worry about when they are coming up If you get a Hamskea no bounce back issues. There is no tension on your cable. If you use the correct cord there is zero stretch. No serving or string splitting required. Pretty much foolproof and set up in seconds.

kodiakfly

WKR
QAD for me. I tried a RipCord, and it wasn't bad, but I really prefer the QAD staying up after you let down and it just feels smoother when you manually operate it.

Hamskea Versa Rest. Best one I have used. Pretty much bomb proof. I've tried Limbdrivers, qads, trophy taker.

Slim Jim

WKR
Hamskea. If going limb driven these are worth the money IMO. They won't break an are machined to very tight tolerances. It is made better than the other brands.

I prefer the limb driven over cable driven. Don't have to time them or worry about when they are coming up If you get a Hamskea no bounce back issues. There is no tension on your cable. If you use the correct cord there is zero stretch. No serving or string splitting required. Pretty much foolproof and set up in seconds.

Same here a very solid rest

If you are getting a Rival or any Binary cam bow I believe it is essential to use a limb driven rest. I don't care how little a cable activated rest pulls on a cable its too much. I have all trophy taker smackdowns and its all I will shoot. I would consider a hamskea but I just dont see a difference from a functionality standpoint. I used to have a ripcord but that was before I went to binary cam bows. I have two friends and each has a limbdriver pro v on their bows and I swear I can hear them vibrate and when I shoot their bows I definitely feel the vibration.

blackduck889

Lil-Rokslider
Ive owned and played with nearly all of them. TT smackdown pro is what I come back to. Quiet durable wish it did came with micro adjust like the vapor trail micro elite tho.

What is the big advantage with a drop away compared to a whisker biscuit or hostage style rest? I'm guessing Less drag on arrow and less influence time to affect arrow before it leaves the bow?

Hamskea versa rest. I've shot a lot of rests over the years (Limbdrivers, trophy taker, qad). The Hamskea is the best built I have used. Solid and works great. I use it in the limbdriver mode.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEastID