What rest do you like?

SDHNTR

WKR
Vapor Trail sells a shelf pad. I mount all mine so the prongs are behind the shelf when down, don't have to worry about them contacting.

I have a shelf pad on it. It helps some. You have a Ripcord mounted back that far? How? Can you show a pic?

jmez

WKR
Sorry wasn't clear. I don't have a Ripcord. Currently have a Hamskea back that far and prior to that had two different models of Limb Drivers back that far. I've never used a Ripcord.

buttekid

Lil-Rokslider
I just traded for a Bowtech Guardian and need to buy a rest for it. What rest do you like.

I had the same question last year and actually had the opportunity to ask Pete Shipley, the founder and CEO of PSE archery. He has archery hunted around the world and is still featured on various television programs with archery hunting tips. Considering his relatively unlimited access to the latest equipment in the industry, I was taken back by his quick response, "Get a whisker biscuit."

NoTasker

FNG
Previously I had used several different rests until I had an interesting event occur on a whitetail hunt. I had a nice whitetail headed my way and when it stepped behind a tree, I drew my bow. Without me realizing it (and considering the excitement of the time) the arrow had fallen off the rest and lodged between the rest and the riser. When the deer was at 15 yards, he stopped and I released the arrow. The bow blew up in my hands. The broadhead barely scratched my wrist (I had an overdraw set up), but it could have been much worse. My hunt was over as I was in Canada and had no access parts to fix my bow (plus one limb appeared to have a crack). Yes I know this was my fault, but we all make mistakes. I just got lucky…

After this, I did a lot of research and landed with a whisker biscuit. You can over torque on the draw, you can draw at an angle, etc. The result is the whisker biscuit just works. The argument is you lose a few feet per second on the speed of the arrow. I can handle that any day to not have the same thing happen again.

Good luck on your choice!

Finch

WKR
Previously I had used several different rests until I had an interesting event occur on a whitetail hunt. I had a nice whitetail headed my way and when it stepped behind a tree, I drew my bow. Without me realizing it (and considering the excitement of the time) the arrow had fallen off the rest and lodged between the rest and the riser. When the deer was at 15 yards, he stopped and I released the arrow. The bow blew up in my hands. The broadhead barely scratched my wrist (I had an overdraw set up), but it could have been much worse. My hunt was over as I was in Canada and had no access parts to fix my bow (plus one limb appeared to have a crack). Yes I know this was my fault, but we all make mistakes. I just got lucky…

After this, I did a lot of research and landed with a whisker biscuit. You can over torque on the draw, you can draw at an angle, etc. The result is the whisker biscuit just works. The argument is you lose a few feet per second on the speed of the arrow. I can handle that any day to not have the same thing happen again.

Good luck on your choice!

I can see your unfortunate situation happening more often than most would think. I've had it happen to me but was lucky enough to catch it before the release.

KMT

WKR
Many won't agree but you really can't beat the practical and reliable whisker biscuit. Yeah, it's cheap, crude, and ugly but it gets the job done.

Yup!!! I have used the same one since 2002. No arror clunks, falls, or mishaps. And I sure as heck don't shoot well enough that it would make a real difference in my accuracy.

If you are pretty serious about maximizing the performance of your bow, I'd overlook the biscuit entirely. If you only hunt out to 40 yds or so and want something cheap and bomb proof, get one. I've used a ripcord code red and qad hdx over the last year. The qad is the better of the two; quieter, simpler, and more reliable. Myself and two buddies shoot every day 6 days a week, all use qad hdx, and none of us has had a single malfunction.

ohoopee

WKR
Switched back to whisper biscuit. Drove 3 hours to whitetail hunt for evening and morning hunt. Missed two deer with 5 arrows. Couldn't figure out what was up. Drove home and at first light was shooting in back yard. The arrow rest began to intermittently rise to different elevations causing arrow to go low or high. It was an expensive rest and have used several over last 8 years and never had issue. It was very frustrating and decided to just simplify the "rest".

Finch

WKR
If you are pretty serious about maximizing the performance of your bow, I'd overlook the biscuit entirely. If you only hunt out to 40 yds or so and want something cheap and bomb proof, get one. I've used a ripcord code red and qad hdx over the last year. The qad is the better of the two; quieter, simpler, and more reliable. Myself and two buddies shoot every day 6 days a week, all use qad hdx, and none of us has had a single malfunction.

I can get good groupings at 50 and 60 yards with the WB. I did try the QAD HDX on my Elite this year but couldn't stand the noise on the shot. Great rest, I will agree but the noise bothered me. I often stray from the biscuit for a short time and always find myself going back.

Trial153

WKR
I am always torn with this. I use mostly limb driven rests, and at times an HDX, With good results for the most part. However I seen enough issue that I don't fully trust them. So if I and packing in, flying in or otherwise going to be away from someplace I can make a quick fix to my bow.....I go with a WB. To me the trade offs( if there really is any) are worth it for the simplicity and reliability.

jm1607

WKR
Smackdown Pro is the only rest I'll use from now on! Have had bad luck with almost all the rest (no pun intended)