What release are you hunting with 2023

chasewild

WKR
20 yards have to aim at different dots to stop slapping arrows. At 40, I felt like I hard parkinsons. I built new arrows all excited to redo my sight tape and now im in the basement practicing aiming at a piece of paper to feel comfortable holding on target again.

I heard a quote one time - that archery is the only sport that gets harder as you get better
(or something similar) just such a mental game.
I could not agree more.

I’ve been hunting with a Stan SX3 but went back to a wrist slapper. Scott Echo for me. I shoot a hinge in off season, but I like a release I can command in the deer woods.

Running UVs this season. I have been transitioning to the UV button the last year from a Carter thumb button and then went and picked up the UV H2 hinge after Utah TAC. Been getting same point of impact out to 80 yds between the 2 releases and love that I can switch up shooting them and not sacrifice anchor or POI.

I shoot a hinge MOST of the year but have always went to a more shooter controlled release for hunting because of potential wind and needing to engage a shot faster but used the H2 on my Utah Antelope this year in a moderate wind and an looking forward to spending more time with that in my hand for hunting and target shooting.

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
Scott release going on 40 years. Bill gave me my first one as a 16 year old boy who could not afford to purchase free air. I never forgot it, and never shot anything else.

Not only was it a kind thing to do, it was a good investment. I don’t know the number for sure, but I will bet you I have purchased well over 300 and gave most of them to people who were getting into archery or people who were where I once was.

This year I bought several new Ghost models. Love them. I have shot the hook releases personally since they first came out.

I also still have that first Scott Caliper and it shoots as well today as it did in 1983.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What release is everyone hunting with this year? Is it different than the release you shoot for the rest of the year? (3d or target)
Trueball assassin II I've got 2 of them and have been using them for the last 12 years. They are awesome for me I've tried several Scott and B3 releases also shot the spothog and can't seem to find one better.

Trueball assassin II I've got 2 of them and have been using them for the last 12 years. They are awesome for me I've tried several Scott and B3 releases also shot the spothog and can't seem to find one better.
I've also shot a Carter thumb break can't remember the model during winter league. I find I'm not as comfortable with it hunting so I always go back to the trueball.

GMann

FNG
Carter Like Mike II
Fantastic release, helped me stop punching!

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I practice with a Carter 3 finger Wise Choice and hunt with a Nock 2 it. They are basically the same but for whatever reason this works for me.