What products do you wish companies made for hunting?

Mojave

WKR
Been thinking about this for a while. I am about 18-20 months from returning to the US.

Been involved in manufacturing and repair of survival equipment in the military, thinking about trying to side hustle a bit. Also been building guns for a few years.

Firearm things I am interested in doing:
1. Heeren action
2. Hagn actions
3. Fraser side lever actions
4. Carbon fiber stocks/Fiberglass stocks
5. Blaser R8 accessories
6. Tikka/Howa/700 clone hunting chassis in CF.

Non-firearm things I am interested in doing.
1. carbon fiber or fiberglass drift boats
2. CF Trecking poles
3. live traps for bobcats
4. CF mule saddles

A well priced drift boat would sell very well, I have no idea on manufacturing costs, but price for drift boats is obsurd.

I think there is an old thread like this that may give you some ideas. I still want the “perfect” poncho/shelter.

Last edited:
Found it!

KurtR

WKR
Been thinking about this for a while. I am about 18-20 months from returning to the US.

Been involved in manufacturing and repair of survival equipment in the military, thinking about trying to side hustle a bit. Also been building guns for a few years.

Firearm things I am interested in doing:
1. Heeren action
2. Hagn actions
3. Fraser side lever actions
4. Carbon fiber stocks/Fiberglass stocks
5. Blaser R8 accessories
6. Tikka/Howa/700 clone hunting chassis in CF.

Non-firearm things I am interested in doing.
1. carbon fiber or fiberglass drift boats
2. CF Trecking poles
3. live traps for bobcats
4. CF mule saddles
I think the live traps for bobcats thing has been done. My father in law has 4 of them and caught a bunch of cats last year

mustelid_master

Lil-Rokslider
I think the live traps for bobcats thing has been done. My father in law has 4 of them and caught a bunch of cats last year
Yeah, lots of people doing it, and not a ton of demand, most states don't make you use them, and legality is the only reason to use them, footholds are way better.

180ls1

WKR
Stabilized 15x NL Pures with ballistics

I am sure that's beyond your scope but it would be sweet.

180ls1

WKR
Something that attaches to the top of a pack frame rails so you can use your pack as a seated shooting rest. It may require carbon legs that stow in the meat shelf but can be pulled out and help prop up the pack.

A well priced drift boat would sell very well, I have no idea on manufacturing costs, but price for drift boats is obsurd.

I think there is an old thread like this that may give you some ideas. I still want the “perfect” poncho/shelter.
2nd on the poncho/shelter + bivy

this year I was wondering why a brand like Exo doesnt make a bino harness already attached to the backpack. Just make it one system instead of doubling up and having backpack straps sit on top of the bino harness straps.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
Increased migration corridors, access to landlocked public land, CWD/EHD/BHP cures...really the list is infinite.

Bachto

WKR
this year I was wondering why a brand like Exo doesnt make a bino harness already attached to the backpack. Just make it one system instead of doubling up and having backpack straps sit on top of the bino harness straps.
Because when I take my backpack off I don't want my bino harness to come off too. I like that they are separate.

Bugger

Lil-Rokslider
Something that attaches to the top of a pack frame rails so you can use your pack as a seated shooting rest. It may require carbon legs that stow in the meat shelf but can be pulled out and help prop up the pack.
I run my tripod with two legs outside the drink pouch and clipped for quick deployment (see pics). It’s basically the same thing you’re talking about if you’re already carrying a tripod around anyway but way more stable than a pack could be. Also lets you get back up to move quick and the tripod comes with ya.IMG_5409.jpegIMG_5411.jpeg

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boots actually designed for western hunting, it would still need to be a few different models to cover everything. Right now we’re adapting mountaineering and backpacking boots for hunting and manufactures are making incremental changes for us but I don’t know of anyone designing a boot from the ground up for western hunting