What Podcasts are you listening to?

MThuntr

WKR
I listen to Randy Newberg Unfiltered. His show is on the opposite week of Steven Rinella/MeatEater. Looks like I'll have to add a few to listen to.

WRO

WKR
Jay scott is the radio equivalent of Dave watson, he seems like a nice guy, but if he doesn't have an interesting guest, he's like listening to paint dry.

I listened to the jay Scott Holden episode, never heard of this guy but wow, he likes to hear himself talk. He contradicted about everything he said later on. Its not about inches but then wined about being stuck on 186 for mule deer. Oh and mentioned scores of every animal he shot. He went off into left field on a pirate story and you could tell jay didn't know what to say. Lol. Somehow I want to hear more back story but not sure about this guy. Lot of good shows listed I'm working on all of them.

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
I just got through the Jay Scott episode with Marlon Holden....I don't even know what to say. Hands down the most arrogant ass hat I've ever heard. 100% the wrong kind of person to be representing our industry. Wow.

I I I I , if he said I one more time. Haaha. He lost me also when archery mule deer hunting is easy. It's just easy. I was cringing but waiting for more and raising my wyebrows. Lol oh and I have been reading a lot and listening to podcasts and watching forums and never heard of this guy so I don't think he's representing hunting.

Just got into the podcast world and really enjoying Meat eater and The Joe Rogan Experience when he has hunters on the show. Will have to check out a few of the others mentioned.

coop2424

WKR
I just got through the Jay Scott episode with Marlon Holden....I don't even know what to say. Hands down the most arrogant ass hat I've ever heard. 100% the wrong kind of person to be representing our industry. Wow.

I think I got done with about 10min and had to shut it off.. Just couldn't stand listening to him..

Regardless of what you think of the podcast with Marlon, he sure kills a lot of quality mulies, with a bow mind you... I really only disagreed with one thing he said during his podcast and that was the BH vs FP point of impact not being the same, which it is for me and many others even at longer distances. Most of the other stuff was opinion IMO :) and I am able to sift through it and listen to it for what it is, a podcast.

Mtnboy

WKR
Wow! I wonder if his sponsors know about this? I doubt Hoyt, vortex, and whatever others would like their name affiliated with a poacher

I'm bored today so I sent him a message through the contact form on the Graylight website, we'll see if he responds.

I'm tempted to send some emails to Hoyt etc. but who knows if they'd even be seen by anyone that matters.

I hate poachers, especially someone who tries to act like some big badass hunter and then you find out they are really a scum bag poacher...I could kill some bad ass animals if I didn't follow the laws as well.

Regardless of what you think of the podcast with Marlon, he sure kills a lot of quality mulies, with a bow mind you... I really only disagreed with one thing he said during his podcast and that was the BH vs FP point of impact not being the same, which it is for me and many others even at longer distances. Most of the other stuff was opinion IMO :) and I am able to sift through it and listen to it for what it is, a podcast.

Just because he kills deer doesn't mean he is a good steward of the sport. Clearly evident in the issue you posted. What's not clear is why he was not convicted in any of the counts yet held liable for the loss of a trophy animal.

BigSky

WKR
Plea deal its what money can do
Or anybody with a brain who is smart enough not to plead guilty right out of the chute.

Lots of good recommendations here. For a non-hunting podcast someone early on in this thread recommended Hard Core History. I can't recommend this highly enough. It is an outstanding podcast.

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is kind of silly but that podcast with Marlon Holden has really been bothering me. I've had this internal dialogue/introspective struggle over the last few days.

I've come to a point in my life where I most identify myself as a "mountain hunter" much more so than any of my other hobbies or pursuits. I take quite a bit of pride in that and I have a tremendous respect for those who are successful on the mountain. To see someone with his level of success in such a difficult pursuit be such a brash, arrogant,....jerk has really upset me.

Then....I find out he is a poacher. You know the joke about the guy who is a successful (insert occupation) but gets drunk one night and effs a sheep...he will forever be known as the sheep f***er.... Marlon very well may have only made a bad mistake once...as far as I'm concerned all his kills are now questionable. (How you act when nobody is around is the most telling. Unfortunately for him, he was caught).

LitenFast

WKR
Been listening to lots of podcasts as a machine operator the last few weeks

Love
Gritty Bowmen-especially when Aron is on, I really appreciate all he is willing to do to help out hunters getting started or improving
MeatEater- love Rinella
Hunt talk Randy Newberg- like getting the what's going on in the hunting and conservation world through him
Rich Outdoors has been pretty good so far from the few I have listened to

And the non hunting ones
Village church sermons by Matt Chandler
Dave Ramsey
Chris browns true stewardship
Radical personal finance
And once in awhile freakinomics or art of manliness can be ok

Joe Rogan
Meateater
Rich Outdoors
Hunt Backcountry
Randy Newberg