What parts are needed for Meostar B1.1 10x42's tripod mounting

pc3

WKR
Folks I am waiting on my Meostat 10x42's to arrive,

I already have a Promaster 525 for the back pack so would like to stay Acra compatible (when i'll be VERY close to vehicle e.g target shooting with my spotter i'll use the big slik 735 Dx, so stable I can also mount a circus elephant at the same time :) ).

Really I shouldn't even have bought the big slik, I bought it on special thinking that will serve my purposes and when it arrived realized it's a close to vehicle tripod only, not packable really. I could add a pig saddle to it for rifle use though.

So what parts are required to mount my 10x42 Meostars to the Promaster 525 is it possible with Meopta's ?

Thanks Folks

Brix8984

WKR
Do yourself a favor and buy the outdoorsman mount and there euro stud it will run you close to $100 with shipping but it won’t let you down either! (Buy once cry once)

Outwest

WKR
Yep, Outdoorsmans euro stud and adapter works like a charm on the meoptas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pc3

samolot

FNG
I tried the cheaper tripod adapters that screw into the meostars - they all break.

+1 for outdoorsmans. Rarely in the classified section for good reason - buy once and youll never get rid of it.

I use a Bog Pod binocular adapter with my Meostar 10x42 and 15x56 and it works fine without having to put in a stud in the binocular's hinge. You can use it with any binocular and it holds the binocular tight enough even if your tripod is on a slope. Just another option.

Beendare

WKR
Cameraland is great...but you want the Outdoorsman adaptor.

Those Meoptas don't have a lot of room between the barrels to screw an adaptor in and out all the time....and the cheap adaptor only engages with a couple turns....not very solid.

I would sell you my cheap adaptor but its not worth the packaging and shipping.

______

TxAg

Lil-Rokslider
Field Optics Research option will work just as well, though maybe not quite as refined (or expensive!) as the Outdoorsman alternative.

OP
P

pc3

WKR
I’m going to checkout the field optics research model and if that’s not a goer I’m buying the outdoorsman unit, I’ll add there tripod bag seeing as I’m paying shipping to Australia.

Thanks folks

OP
P

pc3

WKR
Next thing to figure out is how to even remove the cap in the memorandum binos to fit the outdoorsman stud in without marring anything it looks tricky to get out hard to get too

samolot

FNG
Its easy. You can use a coin, it won't damage it. Plus youre doing it once to get the stud on.

OP
P

pc3

WKR
I mean the meopta cover on th stud hole where the outdoorsman stud will fit, hard to grip it is !

samolot

FNG
Yeah, use a coin. I used my nail. In the end it comes off.

Wish the EL's and Victory SF"s had a cover that came off like that without having to pry it off surgically.