What non-hunting podcasts do you listen to?

intunegp

WKR
The Kill Tony thread got me thinking, and I'm in need of recommendations anyway, so who better to ask than my fellow Roksliders? Between my job and commute I typically consume 8-10 hours a day of podcasts/music and I need some variety. It would be great if you could briefly describe the show or at least give a genre rather than just dropping a name.

I'm going to preface my list by saying that while I do listen to all these, it's not necessarily because I love all their views/beliefs/politics/etc., but that they're entertaining and may provide perspectives that I might not consider otherwise. Others are pure entertainment. I try not to live in too tight of a bubble. Anyway, my regular (non-hunting) listens consist of:

Rogan- anything and everything
Kill Tony- comedy
Shawn Ryan- military/intelligence/researcher interviews
Breaking Points- current events
Piers Morgan Uncensored- current events
Sword and Scale- true crime
Invisible Choir- true crime
Obscura- true crime
Predators I've Caught/Chris Hansen- true crime
Behind The Bastards- historical/true crime
Stuff You Should Know- educational
Financial Audit- obnoxious host roasts people about their irresponsible finances and builds them a budget to get out of debt

Besides those I typically find a comedian's podcast and pick a random episode. Tim Dillon, Matt & Shane, Theo Von, Your Mom's House, etc.

So, besides all the MeatEater stuff, Shoot2Hunt, The Hunting Public, etc., what do you guys like to listen to?

If you like Behind The Bastards, check out Lions Lead by Donkeys, military history delivered in a similar way. By a combat veteran with a graduate degree.

Well There's Your Problem- Engineering disasters with jokes. Lots of their episodes I don't care for, but when they're good, they're real good.

I listen to a lot of random NPR podcasts. Just pick subjects that sound interesting.

Cocaine and Rhinestones- History of 20th Century Country Music. Fascinating deep dive. The Spade Cooley episode is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Your Favorite Band Sucks- Funny/music. It's best when it's a band you like.

Fall of Civilizations- Life in civilizations when they fell.

Mt Al

WKR
8 - 10 hours a day! Soooo jealous. My short commute robs me of podcast time but wouldn't trade.....

The Rest is History - not a surprise given the name, but a good histroy-based podcast. Entertaining hosts.
Acquired - In depth assessments of big companies, their history, who runs them and how, etc.
In Moscow's Shadows - info about how Russia runs, leaders, impacts, etc., by Mark Galeotti

Looking forward to other replies

EconTalk - The econ professor host (Russ) is a genuinely curious guy. Interviews authors about their books and research - wide ranging interviews usually. He's a free market guy but really lets his guests explain their points and doesn't really engage in debating at all. Some fascinating interviews - my all time favorite was his interview with an econ researcher who wrote a book about hostage negotiations and the economics at play in those situations.

Hollinger and Duncan (NBA) - Hollinger is the Godfather of basketball advanced stats. I know I'm probably well into the minority on Rokslide as an NBA fan

Lowe Post (NBA) - More NBA inside reporting/talk

Razib Khan's Unsupervised Learning - Mostly ancient DNA/genetics research, but does interview scientists in other disciplines when they've got an interesting book or research paper. The recent episode with Ryan Burge is a good example - Burge researches religion/religiosity in the United States and has put out tons of data on it.

I needed this,.
I was over 600 hours last year on audible alone.
I've been running out of content lately, this should get me going again.
Hardcore History is a good one, The wrath of the Khans is one I will listen to again sometime.
Barn Talk can be a good one if you have any interest in farming/agriculture.
Crooked City
Up and Vanished ( 4 seasons, last couple deal with a missing persons case in Nome Alaska)
Battle Cast
2 Bears One Cave