What New Gear?

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
Hoyt carbon 34 and spott Hogg fast Eddie xl five pin. Love this set up and very happy I went back to hoyt

NDGuy

WKR
Was goin to just go to Scheels and order my MBG Ascent Verdict sight, also walked out with a MR Popup 28.

I am a sick man. If I don't post for more than a day my wife shot me, wish me luck.

kicker338

WKR
2 things and a 3rd. hopefull. 1 A new upgraded version of my EZV sight, I used one of the first one's made and it worked good last yr. 2 a new elk decoy that attaches to the front of your bow. One of the guys at my archery club has one and he said it worked real good. 3rd. is a hope full that the weather will be better this yr. Last yr. was a disaster, temps in the 80's and choking smoke from all the fires shut up the elk and they didn't start bugling good till the last wk. of season.

dah605

Lil-Rokslider
Switched from a Mathews Z7 to a Hoyt RX-1. The cam profile is so much nicer on the RX-1.

I also switched to 4mm FMJ Injexion arrows, which have been flying amazingly well so far thanks to archersadvantageonline.com.

-David

New tripod for me, probably a Slik.

Anyone know where I can buy some self-confidence and mental toughness for hunting solo for the first time? :D

In addition to do some solo backpack trips for trials runs, buying an Inreach will help with confidence as well

Just ordered up the Duplex light frame and Reckoning Kifaru, another Xpedition bow( got rid of my back up Mathews) and a cargo trailer I'm converting into hunting rig/camper.

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
Great thread, its fun to see what everyone's picking up and nice to get some ideas of what I should look into. Looking forward to grabbing a new pack either exo or stone glacier, trying to find something that won't make the pack in and out miserable.

ianpadron

WKR
Great thread, its fun to see what everyone's picking up and nice to get some ideas of what I should look into. Looking forward to grabbing a new pack either exo or stone glacier, trying to find something that won't make the pack in and out miserable.
I don't think you can go wrong with either of those options. Love my SG

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

gabenzeke

WKR
I'm ordering a stone glacier pack. Got an EE quilt and big agnes slx insulated pad. Considering buying a SO DST tarp too...just not sure what the bug situation will be early in the archery season in CO. The quilt feels like a real win already. Super light and packs real small. Hope to test it for drafts next time it gets real windy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Good looking setup. Is that the standard base that comes with the Verdict? What size pins did you go with? Thanks!
That is a standard base. It also comes in a dovetail.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of gear tinkering for me as per usual. Right now the two biggest items for me will be the new Kifaru Ultralight frame and Muskeg bag and Mathews Triax.

Too many too list, but here I go!

Vortex Razor/Kaibab (10x42, 15x56x 65mm spotter) to Zeiss Conquest (8x, 15x, and 85mm spotter) ... Vortex customer service is great but I had to use it too much for my liking, I also prefer the build quality feel of the Zeiss in all regards with a slight edge in the optical department too. Though, I did keep my Vortex RF 1500, lifetime warranty on electronics? That I can get behind. I did want to go Swarovski but trying to find everything used within my budget proved too hard, definitely saving for Swaro move eventually.

Kuiu > First Lite ... completely changed kits this year, I loved my Kuiu stuff but customer service at Kuiu along with their merino feeling cheap to me turned into First Lite winning me over based on customer service, merino feel, and the overall philanthropic missions of the company. Took me 3 months to figure the kit out with tons of emails back and forth with them but I’m feeling great on what I ordered for my style of hunting.

Sold my EXO 5500 got an EXO 5500 in Fusion!

Alaska Guide Creations, sold my Alaska Classic MAX and sized down to the CUB MAX. I also got the accessory pouch to put on the EXO next to the hip pouch, holds my 7plus perfect for GPS and photos, no more pocket phone!!

Bow Setup, kept the Halon 32/5 but put new strings on, Hamskea rest and a quivalizer. Liking the new feel better with these components. 3D shooting has definitely tightened up thus far. I also went with a new arrow setup, BE .300 Spartans coming in at 480gr ~15% FOC.

Camp setup staying the same but I do want a SO Redcliff with a stove for the later months.

Just a bit of change..

Last edited:

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Made a lot of upgrades to new gear from same reliable companies this year. Longhunter guide to Kifaru tactical frame with a Crater bag. Drenalin to Triax bow (on order). Kuiu hoodie, ultra NX rain pants and attack gloves. New Meindl AK hunters. New Source bladders with direct fill attachments. New Platypus gravity filter cartridge and clean storage. Source razor molle bag for Crater. Kifaru 1000d organizer pocket and mega pull outs. BRO diaphragm calls (really like these over Rocky calls I’ve been using for a decade). Buck mini alpha hunter knife. Z-lite glassing pad.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I went a little crazy and basically switched up everything

I did a blog post on it on my page but quick summary....

Bow, arrows, pack, shelter, clothing, tripod, boots.....
Transmission...lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Lots of gear tinkering for me as per usual. Right now the two biggest items for me will be the new Kifaru Ultralight frame and Muskeg bag and Mathews Triax.
That's three things lol. Unless you are talking to your wife

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Like most years I still need to figure out which broadhead I will shoot. I keep getting teased by the comeback of the ulmer edges. Still shooting my Hoyt nitrum but I do have a Nomad 2 on the way to replace my Nomad 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I am going with some new glass. Either the maven C1 or the GPO Passion ED. I am toying with getting new arrows but I have 15 gold tip xt hunters so tough to just put them out to pasture yet😁. Tis the season for new gear