What new gear would you like to see?

ckleeves

WKR
In a perfect world - image if the MR Dragonslayer and the Kifaru T2 were to spend a romantic evening together and resulting offspring would come out looking like... a T2 with the tri-zip, keeping the 2 slot pockets on the sides, a built in top pocket instead of the lid and a couple small interior pockets (to replace the 2 lost on the front) would be the perfect pack - for me anyways.

Now that I have gotten used the MR style tri-zip I really don't want to go back to a top loader but could use a few extra CIs. I know I am being picky...

I envision the same perfect world. Maybe on a slightly lighter duplex style frame even. With the same webbing as a dragon slayer has on the front moved to the sides up against the frame for running more compression straps. And zipper the slot pockets and make them so when the pack is loaded you can still use them. Since we're making it perfect we may as well add compression strap attachment points over the lid for hauling heads.

flyinsquirel

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
X2i

Even if the annex was attached with waterproof zipper it would be big plus for me. The way the annex is attached loses a lot of heat using the stove in the cold.

X3

The megatarp needs to come with a door on each end & a stove jack, not 1 door and an open end. Just never could warm up to the annex idea and having to pay extra for a full shelter. It's kept me from purchasing.

A third horizontal compression strap on all packs. The spacing on the original 2 is just a little too wide for me.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
X3

The megatarp needs to come with a door on each end & a stove jack, not 1 door and an open end. Just never could warm up to the annex idea and having to pay extra for a full shelter. It's kept me from purchasing.

A third horizontal compression strap on all packs. The spacing on the original 2 is just a little too wide for me.

The idea is to give the user options. You can save weight and bulk when you don't need to use a stove or have an enclosed shelter, like in the middle of summer. When it comes to later in the season and you are already taking a stove anyways the annex is thrown in as well. Just to make it more versatile which is what I like about the Megatarp.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I think they could and should develop an annex that is a little better than the current one. But I like having the front end open. It is so big no weather is going to get me while I am tucked back in there.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I understand the idea. I have shelters for summer use or sometimes wont use one at all, plus never liked the annex. The question was "what we would like to see". A closed in Mega Tarp with two doors and a stove jack is my answer ;)

You know I didn't mean for this thread to be just for Kifaru... but it looks like they need to hire a few more people and get designing! You know what would be really cool! If Aron did a video interview with Patrick Smith himself and picked his brain about ideas he has had in the past that haven't panned out and what not. I am sure the guy has tons of knowledge and think that could be a cool video!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Designing is easy....keeping up with demand is the hard part~
You know I didn't mean for this thread to be just for Kifaru... but it looks like they need to hire a few more people and get designing! You know what would be really cool! If Aron did a video interview with Patrick Smith himself and picked his brain about ideas he has had in the past that haven't panned out and what not. I am sure the guy has tons of knowledge and think that could be a cool video!

Yea Patrick is a very smart man. I've gotten to talk to him a couple times at rondevous and I could listen to him all day. I think the problem with a video of all his ideas is that other companies might steal all those ideas.

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to see a line of modular KU pack bags for the existing Kifaru frames. Lighter and less concerns with durability if the bag can be swapped out.

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like a better holster for my bear gun that attaches to my pant belt, wraps around my thigh, and rides towards the front my thigh. I don't like negating my cargo pant pocket and I certainly don't like the holster on my waist or across my chest because of my pack belt and my bino harness. It seems to me that I could draw it quickly from just in front of my cargo pocket and it wouldn't be in the way of everything else.

I would like to see a bombproof 2lb (stakes, and poles included) 6 man tipi, stove compatible of course.
An adjustable to fit Bikini frame.
A 1lb compact stove that will keep your shelter at 60degr for an hour without stoking it.....might as well make it 2 hours.
A 14oz 76" long, 21" wide 3.5" thick sleeping pad that is comfortable to 0degr and does not sound like you are sleeping on a bag of chips.

I think that will do for now.

slim9300

WKR
I would like to see a bombproof 2lb (stakes, and poles included) 6 man tipi, stove compatible of course.
An adjustable to fit Bikini frame.
A 1lb compact stove that will keep your shelter at 60degr for an hour without stoking it.....might as well make it 2 hours.
A 14oz 76" long, 21" wide 3.5" thick sleeping pad that is comfortable to 0degr and does not sound like you are sleeping on a bag of chips.

I think that will do for now.

Is that it? ;)

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Yea Patrick is a very smart man. I've gotten to talk to him a couple times at rondevous and I could listen to him all day. I think the problem with a video of all his ideas is that other companies might steal all those ideas.

That is true. I never thought of that. Even the ideas that never transpired within Patrick's head could still be better than most companies products.