Weight of your rifle support gear?

TaperPin

WKR
I don't know what the accuracy penalty is. But I'd guess it isn't much when compared to laying the rifle across the entire width of a pack. If you're using a bipod, with no rear support, it'll be worse though.

I got a "22 Creedmoor Project" I'm going to do a bunch of random shooting and documentation with. That would be a good one. 10 round group with bipod and rear bag and 10 round group laid over a pack. I bet it's within 1/4 MOA honestly.
That sounds like a lot of fun. It’s always interesting to shoot different scenarios.

I go with a 1/2 MOA penalty for no rear bag, but it really does depend on how well the chest is supported. One winter with knee deep snow on the ground my rifle had two failures to fire on a mule deer - both times the trigger broke there was zero rifle movement in the crosshairs - absolutely rock solid. The rifle was rested on the pack, but my entire body was well supported by the wet snow.

For varmint, plate and rock shooting I do need to spend more time on a bipod with rear bag, and a heavy tripod.