What length bows is everyone shooting?

oldgoat

WKR
For hunting, as short as you can go and shoot well, with the draw length you listed 58" isn't out of the question, only problem with that is the sight window gets pretty small, I regularly hunt with a 66" longbows from ground and treestand with no real problems, works well for me 31" draw, but I also have some 60" longbows that I'm using regularly now, it's all personal preference, longer bows are usually more forgiving but at hunting distance's that's usually not a concern.

Wrench

WKR
My 64" whip is the smoothest bow I've ever shot.....but the 58" Whistler is incredibly close for its size and the speed and handling in the jungle are awesome.

Seeknelk

WKR
I shoot a 62 inch ilf recurve and a 60" aggressive "long"bow🤔 from Great Lakes Bow works , that is silky smooth and quick. They r so different but both I shoot well. But the heavy ilf is more forgiving for sure. So consider weight in your choice maybe? And a more deflexed riser is more stable also...some thoughts.

Ddog

WKR
28" draw, shoot bows from 58"-68". Enclosed blinds are the the only place I'd think it makes a difference. Carried a 66" longbow for years through swamps and thickets and shot a few deer while seated in a lock on stand with it. Had a 64" recurve that I couldn't miss with as well, but sold it like a dummy. Never cared for short bows aesthetically, just not my thing, so not a lot of experience with them.

Currently shooting a 56” bow and loving it. I spend a lot of time hunting in thick stuff on the ground or in a climber, and a short bow really opens up a lot of shot opportunities and allows you to tuck into brush that wouldn’t allow you to draw a longer bow

I started out with a 68-67" Hill style. But now I shoot a 60" and a 62" Stalker.
The shorter bows are definitely nicer in a treestand! I'd really love a short bow! I love light longbows!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have a couple of Stalker Apex ILF bows. 17" risers.
Both have medium limbs (60").

I have a target recurve and some long limbs in different weights. Makes a 70" target bow.

Using the long limbs with my Apex risers gives me a 62" bow.
ILF is nice because I can play around with different draw weights.

Going forward I'm planning to order a Stalker Wolverine or a Vortex.
When I do, I'll likely order (if I choose a Wolverine) an 18.5" riser: 62" bow.

Or a similar spec with a Vortex.

Basically that would be comparible to a medium ILF limb length.
I draw just over 28.5" when I keep good form (maintaining a low bow arm shoulder).

A 60" bow (17" riser w/ med. Limbs) is good for me. No finger pinch (3 under), and it works for jungle areas.

I'm probably going to sell my last compound bow, and focus solely on recurve archery.

I have a couple of 62s and a 64. Im getting rid of the 64. I shot a 60 at RMS last weekend.

Im going with 60-62 for my 27” draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobinmi

WKR
I like a 62 inch bow personally. But length is not the only factor. I shot 70inch Hill style bows for a long time but I would argue that a 58in bow with an aluminum riser ILF rig will shoot circles around a 70inch hill for most people. A lot of the equation comes down to mass weight and having that mass in the correct spot. Shooting style also has a say as well. When I shot hill bows, I was an instinctive only shooter and I canted the bow heavily and I didn't find the length to be a problem. When I adopted the NTS system and started shooting without a pronounced cant the length of the bow started to become a hinderance in some areas.

FLYBYU44

FNG
My shortest is a 60" Bob Lee, I have a 29" draw and it is also my favorite bow to shoot. Also have a Satori with 62" and 64" limbs. Prefer the Bob Lee.

Feurhand

FNG
I've got a 27" draw and usually shoot a 66" or 68" bow. I'm shooting primitive bows though, and don't spend any time in stands.

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
30 " draw and 62" recurve.. my dad's 64 seems to be a lot smoother but i like hunting out of ground blinds and that extra length makes it more difficult..but now that i switched from double bull blinds to barronett blinds i guess it might not matter is much.