What kind of ammo for moose?

I have a moose hunting trip to western Alberta planned this October. I will be using my 300 Win Mag. My question is what type of ammo should I use? I understand no matter what I use shot placement is vital.

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to ammo so please dumb it up for me...lol.

I've read not to use a polymer tip ammo. I've also read that polymer tip is fine as long as its bonded bullet.

Is a jacketed soft point good for moose hunting?

Some of the ammo is available locally....
~Federal Terminal Ascent 200 gr.
~ Federal Power Shok 180 gr.
~ Federal Fusion Bonded Soft Point 180 gr
~ Winchester Power Point 180 gr.
~ Winchester Expedition Accubond 180 gr.
~ Remington Core Lokt Tipped 180 gr.
~ Remington Core Lokt PSP 180 gr

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Mark

hiker270

WKR
Moose are not all that hard to kill if you put a bullet in the correct place. I have used both the 200 Federal T/A and the 180 Federal Trophy Bonded Tip successfully on Moose. A Nosler Accubond is never a bad choice also. I would lean toward a bonded bullet and let your rifle decide which one shoots the best.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
Whatever your rifle shoots best. FWIW I used a 30-06 180gr Winchester silver tip as it shot best out of my rifle (and was cheap which was a bonus!!!) for my Yukon moose a couple of years ago. 85 yard shot.

Generally I lead to an accubond or partition

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Nothing wrong with any of those. Alberta moose are small anyway. I put a 140g Swift A Frame from a 270 Win into the crease between the shoulder and neck on a 1/4 to bull in the Yukon and pulled it out of the opposite ham during the butchering. Anything that is not a target bullet and 180g plus will do you just fine in a 300 WM