What is your go-to ready-to-eat food in the field?

cbuck516

FNG
I pack a wide variety of foods for my own mental sanity and to have a well rounded diet. This year I am adding dehydrated strawberries and cooked bacon strips to my normal food list which consists of a lot of homemade items. One of my absolute favorite foods each day is a Lenny and Larry's Oatmeal Raisin cookie. The calories/ounce is on the low end for backpacking but they taste amazing and has a lot of nutritional value.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
My belly fat. It works great and performance on my recent caribou pack out did not appear to suffer.

Dinner is 3 Peak Refuels. Breakfast is black coffee.

LostArra

WKR
You guys are taking this Comfort Crisis too seriously.
Little-Debbie-Oatmeal-Creme-Pie-3-9-oz_24a7ecfb-9a09-4b20-bec0-93cc0cbb0caa_1.41370179192db26cd74905ec6fe3387a.jpeg

Payday candy bars can be sat on, left in the sun, etc and still look like a Payday bar.
Yes! After forgetting about a few Paydays in my pack I've even developed a taste for old Paydays which are noticeably different than fresh Paydays.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
My belly fat. It works great and performance on my recent caribou pack out did not appear to suffer.

Dinner is 3 Peak Refuels. Breakfast is black coffee.
How can you eat 3 dehydrated meals at one sitting? That’s mind boggling and I can’t imagine how the dam bursts, when it does!

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Gimmie that room temp rib shaped bbq flavor pork patty. Gelatin around it and all.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
How can you eat 3 dehydrated meals at one sitting? That’s mind boggling and I can’t imagine how the dam bursts, when it does!
It is not much of a problem, if I have not eaten all day. If I snack all day long, it can be hard to get even one full meal down.

I have never had GI problems due to the type of food I eat, I poop like normal, though have extra stinky farts when living on prepackaged meals.