What is your Go-to Archery Day Pack?

TNArcher

Lil-Rokslider
I tape my loose straps with electric tape to keep them from dangling.

Used to be x2.

Now I just run my EXO with out a pack and just use a small bag I made with the beaver tail.

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
anyone use a tenzing 1250? I was thinking it would make a nice little hunting day pack for plains deer or elk in the mountains but after watching someone actually hunting with it...it looks kind of oddly shaped.. not trying to highjack the thread but i was considering that as my new day pack as my cheapo pack last year made my back sweat terrible!

anyone use a tenzing 1250? I was thinking it would make a nice little hunting day pack for plains deer or elk in the mountains but after watching someone actually hunting with it...it looks kind of oddly shaped.. not trying to highjack the thread but i was considering that as my new day pack as my cheapo pack last year made my back sweat terrible!

If you're looking at Tenzing I would look at the 2220 for a day pack. I got one years ago and use it for late season deer hunts, day trips for elk, or even just an overnight elk trip. For a little more money than the 2220 there are some great options out there to meet the needs of day trips, overnight, and multi night trips.

Mmcan

WKR
I use my Nomad, just run it light for the things I need that day. The big camp bag stays in camp. It's really easy to shift gears and go from camp to hunting.

boom

WKR
this is just my opinion.

Mystery Ranch DragonSlayer!!! why? i have shot my bow with a lot of packs on my back. the DragonSlayer is the only one that affects my archery form ZERO. it took me a long time to figure out why. i think a major reason is that it is so narrow. i dont feel it back there when i am at full draw. the pack is fairly on the small size, so i cannot really load it up with a super-manly load. so it runs low-ride load lifters, and this also doesnt mess with my bow form. my Kifaru, i can kinda feel the load lifters when i am at full draw. i held a fist-full of cash thinking i would buy the MR longbow for better load carrying capacity, but i decided against it. i shoot my bow so well with my DRagonSlayer, i just didnt feel like messing with my system. archery is so much mental confidence..i am not gonna change up.

the Dragon Slayer does it all for me. it holds my tripod and spotter super neat and tidy, on the inside. i have a water bladder that fits. all my day hunt gear fits awesome. with a few hip pockets, i keep my wind checker at the ready. lunch/snacks and all my spare clothing..it all fits.

i hooked my turkey blind to the outside and hauled it way in..so i know i can carry an elk hind..at least something big like an elk hind. it is a great pack. almost overbuilt.

ckleeves

WKR
this is just my opinion.

Mystery Ranch DragonSlayer!!! why? i have shot my bow with a lot of packs on my back. the DragonSlayer is the only one that affects my archery form ZERO. it took me a long time to figure out why. i think a major reason is that it is so narrow. i dont feel it back there when i am at full draw. the pack is fairly on the small size, so i cannot really load it up with a super-manly load. so it runs low-ride load lifters, and this also doesnt mess with my bow form. my Kifaru, i can kinda feel the load lifters when i am at full draw. i held a fist-full of cash thinking i would buy the MR longbow for better load carrying capacity, but i decided against it. i shoot my bow so well with my DRagonSlayer, i just didnt feel like messing with my system. archery is so much mental confidence..i am not gonna change up.

the Dragon Slayer does it all for me. it holds my tripod and spotter super neat and tidy, on the inside. i have a water bladder that fits. all my day hunt gear fits awesome. with a few hip pockets, i keep my wind checker at the ready. lunch/snacks and all my spare clothing..it all fits.

i hooked my turkey blind to the outside and hauled it way in..so i know i can carry an elk hind..at least something big like an elk hind. it is a great pack. almost overbuilt.

I agree 100%. I don't even mind packing elk out in mine. It's not ideal but I hate hunting in the gambles oak with any sort of load lifters so I usually wear the DS in the thick oak. It works better than any other daypack I have tried for heavy loads and the layout of it works great for me.

Chris Sloan

Lil-Rokslider
Got a SG krux frame and dry bag, gonna throw a serac on it here in a month or two. But as for the frame ,its ultralight comfortable and easy to shoot with, and still able haul a big first load out. No regrets on this purchase!

ridgefire

WKR
Bikini frame with a t2 or hc4800 works great for me. Will occasionally bust out the siwash but use the other's more. I would use what you got if it was me.