What is everyones favorite hone?

I am looking for a hone for kitchen and butchering use. Anyone got tips of good ones? I am looking for steel over ceramic but open to suggestions.

I have used a Gatco basic set for years, when I replace it (soon) I plan to buy the diamond stone version. If knives are really dull I too start with a file to establish the basic bevel. Anyhow this works for me, although I have not done kitchen knives. Gatco has a hone for serrated blades as well.

I use a two sided diamond impregnated stone from Smiths. I cary a mini version in my back for touch ups, and the bigger one at home for kitchen and hunting knives.

Rich M

WKR
I use an electric diamond dealio for kitchens. Sharpens stuff up nice.

In field and for touchups will use pull thru carbide steel. Small, fits in pocket, quick.

@MBH

FNG
A round steel hone merely straightens / re orients the existing wire or burr. If you want to sharpen said blade, first be sure to use a stone, then get rid of the burr with a leather strop.

Z Barebow

WKR
Although it is ceramic, (Not your preference, but I recommend) Purchased this a couple of years back. 10 times better than my old Smith's ceramic crotch stick. Very easy to touch up blades which butchering or filleting fish.

American made, Great product, and great customer service.