What is everyone using to keep pants up while wearing a heavy large pack?

Elite

WKR
I have tried the first lite suspenders and the rear clip digs into your back. Also tried the outdoor research suspenders. I hate how they twist when connected to a pant loop? Not sure why they didn’t rotate the connection points.

So what is everyone else using that works? I
Can’t stand low riding pants when hiking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
Which model?

I have a Utility in 1.5in and an A2 in 1.25in. They both work great. The Utility is stiffer as it only has 2 way stretch instead of 4 way like the others.

The buckles on the 1.5in belts are a little bigger than 1.5in so it is a pain to get into most belt loops. Because it this I use the A2 in 1.25in for all of my hunting pants.

I do prefer the Utility 1.5in for EDC.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
A cheap Amazon webbing belt and a pair of side attach suspenders that hook under your belt. Works well so far and I haven’t had any discomfort under pack waist belt.

I wear the marsupial belt daily and for non backcountry hunts, the buckle is very slim and easy to take on and off. In the backcountry i usually use the argali one with the knife sharpening features, buckle is still small but i may just use the marsupial this season since i actually havent had to use the sharpener on the argali while hunting so far and its not as easy to tighten/loosen and put on/take off plus the buckle has a larger footprint

Suspenders are by far my favorite method. I’ve used the first lite suspenders for 4 years and 200 days in the field without issue.

UpTop

WKR
I’m with the arcade belt camp. Having a belt that stretches with you through the motions is pretty nice.

asilmas

FNG
I have tried the first lite suspenders and the rear clip digs into your back. Also tried the outdoor research suspenders. I hate how they twist when connected to a pant loop? Not sure why they didn’t rotate the connection points.

Yep, agreed. I use Prana stretch zion pants with the belt incorporated into the waist.

twall13

WKR
I have tried the first lite suspenders and the rear clip digs into your back.

Do you have the old style First Lite Suspenders? For the last several years their suspenders connect on the sides, not on the back. I was worried they'd be bad under a pack but after trying it I actually like it quite a bit. If I'm not using First Lite Suspenders and pants I loke the Arcade Belt. They are a soft belt that causes less problems than the others I've tried (Marsupial, Kifaru, Eddie Bauer Genius, etc.). They aren't great for attaching a holster to but work great for under a pack.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Do you have the old style First Lite Suspenders? For the last several years their suspenders connect on the sides, not on the back. I was worried they'd be bad under a pack but after trying it I actually like it quite a bit. If I'm not using First Lite Suspenders and pants I loke the Arcade Belt. They are a soft belt that causes less problems than the others I've tried (Marsupial, Kifaru, Eddie Bauer Genius, etc.). They aren't great for attaching a holster to but work great for under a pack.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I’m using the ones that they sell separate and have the rear attachment point