What is everyone using for a smartwatch?

Garmin forerunner 255. I also use it for running/biking. I have other gps units that are better for mapping. Since, no watch has a great screen for even looking at maps. So, I didn't want some of the bigger and heavier watches. The 255 has been a great tool. Low weight, battery lasts a long time-I'd buy another.

i am running a Suunto after 2 failing apple watches. it's decent. battery life is about 10x better. also, after having 2 apple watches, i realized i don't need that much "smart" stuff on my wrist.

HunterW.

FNG
I have had the Garmin Instinct 2 Solar for about a year and a half. I have worn it everyday working on the farm, hunting, and working out and I’m very pleased. The battery lasts forever and it’s very durable.

I have a Galaxy smart watch and have loved it. However, whenever I'm in the mountains or somewhere without service, it just drains the battery. Even on airplane mode. I have my eye on a Garmin for my next watch though

Garmin Fenix 3HR. Maybe one day it will die and I'll get a newer one. Or maybe I'll bequeath it to my grandchildren upon my death (my kids are 10 and 6).

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
A Rolex ... no desire to have a watch I have to charge.

Please tell me the difference between winding or charging or changing a battery.

Rolexes are notoriously inaccurate time pieces for keeping time. And they cost a ton to service. And you have to worry about some shop ripping the interals out. I personally sold all mine. I dont need the "status symbol"

Back on topic.

Im using a galaxy 5 pro. It does all the health, sleep and workout tracking I need it too which is what I use it for.
When it needs charged I just use my heart rate band when I work out. Battery life is ok (3 days) in full power mode. I have found the water tightness of the galaxy watches to be very good.

Last edited:

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
Please tell me the difference between winding or charging or changing a battery.

Rolexes are notoriously inaccurate time pieces for keeping time. And they cost a ton to service. And you have to worry about some shop ripping the interals out. I personally sold all mine. I dont need the "status symbol"

Back on topic.

Im using a galaxy 5 pro. It does all the health, sleep and workout tracking I need it too which is what I use it for.
When it needs charged I just use my heart rate band when I work out. Battery life is ok (3 days) in full power mode. I have found the water tightness of the galaxy watches to be very good.

I wear it daily, I don't have to wind it. It usually loses around 2 minutes per month, I reset it when needed. I get it serviced at a local jeweler every 5-7 years, runs around $500. It's an Explorer II on a nato strap, not flashy at all and rarely does anyone even notice it's a Rolex. I've been all around the world wearing it, I've beaten it up a ton, and it's never stopped ticking. It's also something that can be passed down later in life or when I die.

intunegp

WKR
I wear it daily, I don't have to wind it. It usually loses around 2 minutes per month, I reset it when needed. I get it serviced at a local jeweler every 5-7 years, runs around $500. It's an Explorer II on a nato strap, not flashy at all and rarely does anyone even notice it's a Rolex. I've been all around the world wearing it, I've beaten it up a ton, and it's never stopped ticking. It's also something that can be passed down later in life or when I die.

Cool story. This thread is about smart watches.

Anyway, back on topic.

I've worn my Garmin Fenix 6 every day for the past two years and it shows no sign of giving up any time soon. I'll wear it until it dies, does everything I need it to and plenty more. It is a smart watch, doesn't lose time, doesn't need a service that equates to $100+ a year, and I have a downloaded Oyster Perpetual watch face that my fiance enjoys because we tell anyone who notices that she bought me a Rolex.

WCB

WKR
cool...I have some $60.00 digital watch I change a battery in once every like 3 years...had it for like 15 years. Tells the time and the alarm works to wake my up while in the back country. Cost me $5 every 3 ish years for a battery. I wash it after gutting an animal is warm sink water and dawn dish soap.

OP,
Wife went from some brand (90% sure apple) to a Garmin something or other now. She loves it and never had an issue with it breaking or the battery running out. I know 5 or 6 people with Garmins and they like them. Myself, Ill save the money and pull out my phone. But could definitely see working on machinery or something it being a bit more efficient.