What hunt doesn’t interest you?

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
The one species here in NA that I just simply do not understand is cous deer. I get it if you live down in their range I suppose, but it seems like every instafamous hunter out there gets really worked up over these tiny little whitetails I just do not get it at all!
You just gotta do it and see what it's all about! I do wish the insta hunters would lay off though.

Jauwater

WKR
Hunting abroad, I agree totally. Rifle hunting. Tree Stand hunting. High Fence hunting. I cant think of any specific animal I'm not interested in hunting. Just the places or techniques used are what do or dont interest me.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
Any cats unless it’s a 9y/o Botswana or Zambia lion on foot only. Bears are pretty low as well. Any ‘volume’ hunt - Argentina doves, etc. I can’t stand counting deaths as if it’s something admirable.

Any long range hunting. I live under John Taylor’s rule, “Get as close as you can, laddy, then 10 yards closer.”

Laramie

WKR
No interest to hunt anything I can't or don't want to eat. If it's not going in the freezer to help feed the family, I have no desire to pursue it unless it serves a greater purpose for management (coyotes). I know people eat a lot of "weird" things but I don't consider warm blooded predators of any kind food.

USMC-40

WKR
I have no interest in hunting Africa either, just not a draw for me personally.

The one species here in NA that I just simply do not understand is cous deer. I get it if you live down in their range I suppose, but it seems like every instafamous hunter out there gets really worked up over these tiny little whitetails I just do not get it at all!

I cant get excited over a 115" deer either.

I have no interest in hunting Africa either, just not a draw for me personally.

There are very few NA species out there that rut as hard as Coues deer. There is nothing like it and they are an incredible challenge to bowhunt. Not to mention the timing of their seasons align well with the lull between other NA seasons.

Sheep. Mostly because it is so far out of reach for most unless you live in AK.

Alligator. The desire isn't even close to being there.

That being said....I will hunt anything legal with my bow if someone twists my arm. :)

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
High Fence, Africa and suprisingly Sheep have no appeal for me, maybe if i was younger and had gotten into the westerm/point game sooner, but the cost of tags and likelyhood of drawing before I am forced to wear depends is unlikely lol

Any cats unless it’s a 9y/o Botswana or Zambia lion on foot only. Bears are pretty low as well. Any ‘volume’ hunt - Argentina doves, etc. I can’t stand counting deaths as if it’s something admirable.

Any long range hunting. I live under John Taylor’s rule, “Get as close as you can, laddy, then 10 yards closer.”
You took the words right out of my mouth on the doves....heard of guys shooting thousands in one trip....like, why?

haha i feel ya on the instafamous dbags. I lived in AZ for 5 years and recently moved away, but spent a ton of time glassing and hunting them in that time. I'll tell you this, i'll likely have a muzzy UT muley tag and a CO 3rd season muley tag (spending 13 pts) this year and the hunt i'm most excited for is still my coues rifle tag I can draw with 0 points. If you're a glasser they are flat out the funnest critter to hunt. I hope the instabro flat brimmer coues craze dies down because yes it's very annoying. I think the main reason I love it is that there are no secret units, every unit has giant bucks if you can grind it out plus they live in bad ass country. And you're not going to find giant neighborhood coues like you see with muleys and elk. They are insanely secretive and paranoid.

As for the topic, I can't get excited about the bait n wait game.

bsnedeker

WKR
haha i feel ya on the instafamous dbags. I lived in AZ for 5 years and recently moved away, but spent a ton of time glassing and hunting them in that time. I'll tell you this, i'll likely have a muzzy UT muley tag and a CO 3rd season muley tag (spending 13 pts) this year and the hunt i'm most excited for is still my coues rifle tag I can draw with 0 points. If you're a glasser they are flat out the funnest critter to hunt. I hope the instabro flat brimmer coues craze dies down because yes it's very annoying. I think the main reason I love it is that there are no secret units, every unit has giant bucks if you can grind it out plus they live in bad ass country. And you're not going to find giant neighborhood coues like you see with muleys and elk. They are insanely secretive and paranoid.

As for the topic, I can't get excited about the bait n wait game.

So by "giant bucks" you're talking a 100 pound thing with a 30 inch rack right?

I'm kidding, but honestly I hunt primarily for meat so I just like chasing big critters which is why I think the cous just don't appeal to me. Who knows though? I have a buddy who REALLY wants to go down to AZ and chase these things and it's not like I have much else going on that time of year so maybe I'll give it a try just to make sure! I hear you can hunt mulies during the same period though so I think I would find it difficult not to chase the bigger guys.

So by "giant bucks" you're talking a 100 pound thing with a 30 inch rack right?

I'm kidding, but honestly I hunt primarily for meat so I just like chasing big critters which is why I think the cous just don't appeal to me. Who knows though? I have a buddy who REALLY wants to go down to AZ and chase these things and it's not like I have much else going on that time of year so maybe I'll give it a try just to make sure! I hear you can hunt mulies during the same period though so I think I would find it difficult not to chase the bigger guys.
quality over quantity man